Does anyone use Poshmark?

Something that had never happened to me before... I ordered two high-end blushes (Illamasqua) from someone on Poshmark on Friday. Both blushes looked almost new and intact. When I received them yesterday, one was a powdery mess (it broke in two places), which most likely happened during transport. However, both blushes smelled strongly of perfume (like they had been sprayed directly on the powder itself) with a faint smell of cigarette too. When I received them, instead of "Accepting" them (as described), I let Poshmark know that one was broken and sent photos of it. I also informed them of the odor because, quite honestly, I have very sensitive skin and go out of my way to avoid fragranced products on my face (not to mention cigarette odor is unappealing as well). So they are 'reviewing' my case, and when I tried to inform the seller, I found that she blocked me!!! WTH! Why would she block me? I didn't do anything wrong. Has anyone ever had this happen?
I strongly recommend against doing business with Poshmark and I (personally) have refused to authenticate any listing from that site. I will not patronize a site that makes no attempt to keep an honest site, ignores hundreds of reports and in fact, their "team of experts" deemed an obvious fake Coach as authentic, both online and then in person!!

For those interested, this is the buyer's post on their decision after she sent the bag back to them. For other posts, search @houseof999 and @houseofcoach999 on the AT Coach thread. If it wasn't so sad and frustrating, it would be funny. But people spend good money on this site and trust that should there be a dispute, an appropriate decision would be made.
http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-coach.889527/page-1154#post-30643628

But in this case, PM f'ed up and won't admit it.

Reactions: PikaboICU
BeenBurned, I could not agree more!
That place is a hot mess full of fakes.

I've reported, emailed, posted on their FB and they do NOT care..
As long as they're getting their 20% they don't care what's being sold. :annoyed:

I've been able to help stop a few unknowing gals from buying a fake- I've seen their comments on the fake listing & then left a note for them on one of their own listings.. It's the only way to let a person know they're negotiating for a fake. Sad thing is, some are appreciative but many get nasty about it- and I don't dare post on the actual listing for the fake-
It's terrible there- just terrible..

If a buyer wants to purchase low end- it's ok but I wouldn't trust PoshMark for luxury goods.
I'm off to read your link now...

Some sellers get really fussy if you open a case about an order, so it could be that. Other sellers may know that they sent you something crummy and will block you to attempt to keep you from going on blast on their listings.

I'm so sorry this happened but any reasonable seller would allow you to explain yourself (in your case, half of your issue is likely transport damage anyway which isn't necessarily the seller's fault). The fact that this seller isn't letting you tell her what went wrong sounds like she knew something was up.

I strongly recommend against doing business with Poshmark and I (personally) have refused to authenticate any listing from that site. I will not patronize a site that makes no attempt to keep an honest site, ignores hundreds of reports and in fact, their "team of experts" deemed an obvious fake Coach as authentic, both online and then in person!!

For those interested, this is the buyer's post on their decision after she sent the bag back to them. For other posts, search @houseof999 and @houseofcoach999 on the AT Coach thread. If it wasn't so sad and frustrating, it would be funny. But people spend good money on this site and trust that should there be a dispute, an appropriate decision would be made.
http://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-coach.889527/page-1154#post-30643628

Wow. Well it really surprised me! I just wanted to communicate with her about the situation, not blast her. We'll see how they handle my case. Even if damage during shipping isn't completely the seller's fault (although she could have packed them better), it certainly isn't mine.

By the way, I agree with you BeenBurned; I stopped buying (& selling) handbags on Poshmark. The fakes drive me nuts and I always report them (not that it ever helps). But I recently saw a Coach Molly in Ultraviolet that has really tempted me... (I've always wanted that bag in that color!)

Wow. Just, wow.

Of course I would definitely have something looked at before buying if it's designer, but that's just sad.

HOWEVER, I will say this about Posh, they say their authentication is guaranteed (if it goes through Concierge) so if you go somewhere and can prove another authenticator / service says it's fake they'll give your money back if it's done within 6 months.

I haven't had occasion to test that guarantee, though. I've gotten a few things that I know are real and I report fakes all the time or say something to people and I just get chewed out so now all I'm doing is cashing out my credits from my sales.

After this has come to light, I may just go ahead and stop using them for selling anything. If they're going to say obvious fakes are real I feel far too terrible for people who save up a lot of money to get a dream handbag (or shoes or whatever) and find a good deal there if their authenticators are awful. They don't deserve the money they get from my sales (even if I don't sell stuff worth more than $50).

Last edited:
I can attest to this. I always figured that I would be protected if buying an item over $500 from Poshmark, since it would be authenticated. I purchased a Hermes bag and their concierge service approved and authenticated it. When it arrived the strap and the dustbag (which were listed as part of the sale) were such obvious fakes that I got outside authentication immediately and they were deemed fake. Poshmark sided with me (and the seller was also extremely nice and told me when I pointed out the authenticity problem that she bought the strap and the dustbag at consignment stores separate from the bag but had thought they were authentic). It worked out fine for me because both the seller and Poshmark approved the return. However, it is a big warning about their authentication service, because these were clearly fake and they passed through.

I wouldn't feel so comfortable trusting their concierge team of authenticators.

The thing is that after the buyer purchased the Coach bag, recognized it as fake, had it confirmed by all the authenticators on AT Coach, she argued with them that it was fake. PM "confirmed" authenticity throught pictures and decided the dispute against the buyer.

To the buyer's credit, she insisted that the bag was fake, gave multiple reasons that proved it as such and to "shut her up," they requested that she send it to them for their experts to look at. I assume those "experts" were also part of their concierge authenticators team. (Or do they have lesser experts to do less expensive brands?)

If they can make this type of mistake with a relatively inexpensive Coach bag with fairly obvious fake indicators, I'd be very concerned on how they'd be able to judge AAA mirror fakes.

Reactions: PikaboICU
I wouldn't feel so comfortable trusting their concierge team of authenticators.

The thing is that after the buyer purchased the Coach bag, recognized it as fake, had it confirmed by all the authenticators on AT Coach, she argued with them that it was fake. PM "confirmed" authenticity throught pictures and decided the dispute against the buyer.

To the buyer's credit, she insisted that the bag was fake, gave multiple reasons that proved it as such and to "shut her up," they requested that she send it to them for their experts to look at. I assume those "experts" were also part of their concierge authenticators team. (Or do they have lesser experts to do less expensive brands?)

If they can make this type of mistake with a relatively inexpensive Coach bag with fairly obvious fake indicators, I'd be very concerned on how they'd be able to judge AAA mirror fakes.

Exactly. I would not trust their authenticators after my experience. I certainly would not trust them with superfakes. TPF authenticators are much more knowledgable.

Something that had never happened to me before... I ordered two high-end blushes (Illamasqua) from someone on Poshmark on Friday. Both blushes looked almost new and intact. When I received them yesterday, one was a powdery mess (it broke in two places), which most likely happened during transport. However, both blushes smelled strongly of perfume (like they had been sprayed directly on the powder itself) with a faint smell of cigarette too. When I received them, instead of "Accepting" them (as described), I let Poshmark know that one was broken and sent photos of it. I also informed them of the odor because, quite honestly, I have very sensitive skin and go out of my way to avoid fragranced products on my face (not to mention cigarette odor is unappealing as well). So they are 'reviewing' my case, and when I tried to inform the seller, I found that she blocked me!!! WTH! Why would she block me? I didn't do anything wrong. Has anyone ever had this happen?
So Poshmark contacted me today and offered me $30 in Posh-Credit, and said I could keep the blushes. I paid $36 for both blushes; however, only one was technically damaged (except that the cigarette smell is more prominent now, and the perfume is horrible because it was obviously sprayed to hide the cigarette smell). I honestly don't mind the Posh-Credit, but I really don't want to keep the blushes. I don't know what to do... I think it may be simpler to agree, and give them away (maybe a smoker wouldn't care about the smell?).

Personally, I would not risk buying anything designer of particular value or known to be heavily counterfit from Posh. I don't trust their authentication or guarantee any more than I trust their feedback system, which is pretty useless. There is also a lot of counterfit cosmetics on Posh as well.

And the low balling is to a point that I don't even bother counter-offering on most, which is a big deal for me since I consider at least some sort of response to be polite. But at this point, they happen so frequently I just hit decline and move on to anything below 30% off my asking, although most offers are 75% - 95% off my asking. (When I make an offer on someone else's item, its never more than 20% personally, though I usually just pay asking.) And I've stopped responding to "Whats your lowest" as well and actually delete the question at this point. Its not worth the hassle.

On top of that, I am getting tired of people trying to justify low-ball offers once refused with statements like "You have to keep in mind I'm also expected to pay shipping!" Well of course you're expected to pay shipping. That is a cost of buying online. Just like I'm expected to give Posh 20% of your offer were I to accept it. Or the complaints that a highly collectible item is listed for more than original retail, but well within (or under) the current market value. This especially irks me when it comes from a reseller who KNOWS how the collectible market works and values all their items in accordance. So no, I'm not going to sell an item I've listed for $100 (which is almost $200 less than other sellers have it for), but that originally retailed for $40, for $5... Just so you can turn around and list if for $175.

Now, as a result, I also price some of the items quite a bit higher than I'm willing to accept on Posh, The ones that bring the most low-ballers. That way, even though I'm getting 5 offers of 90% off every other day, they're generally 20-45% more than they would have been otherwise.

I am fine with polite, civil haggling. I will even humor a low ball offer IF it is delivered politely and on a realistic item. (No, I won't sell a $400 purse for $5, but I might consider selling you that $65 top for $10 if you present the request politely without trying to tear down the item, price, no sob story or just throwing out a blind offer. )

But, you can sometimes find great deals there. I did manage to get a lovely, like new pair of Bialas that fit for a very fair price. And there are good buyers on there too. So I only list simple things on there. Never anything that I'd price more than $200 and never anything high risk. And I buy within the same standards: Nothing high risk, nothing over $150.

So Poshmark contacted me today and offered me $30 in Posh-Credit, and said I could keep the blushes. I paid $36 for both blushes; however, only one was technically damaged (except that the cigarette smell is more prominent now, and the perfume is horrible because it was obviously sprayed to hide the cigarette smell). I honestly don't mind the Posh-Credit, but I really don't want to keep the blushes. I don't know what to do... I think it may be simpler to agree, and give them away (maybe a smoker wouldn't care about the smell?).

A lot of people have rejected the offer and Posh will give you your refund and a return label at that point. They do the counter offer in credit an awful lot, they would rather give credit that may make you spend more money on top of the credit than give you your money back and possibly lose sales commissions out of your future business.

Just saw this interesting public conversation that seems representative of many Posh users.. someone inquired about a necklace style and the seller very rudely called her a smartass..

View attachment 3472893
View attachment 3472892

Classy.

I have noticed a lot of people are incredibly, unabashedly rude. I try to be as kind as possible but I call out fakes and get called all sorts of stuff for it so I know how that poor buyer feels.

Thank you @BeenBurned for sharing my experience here. I've been meaning to share here for a while but was still waiting for the final decision by PM before coming here. So as you all know by now they finally decided to cancel my order and refund me as a "one time courtesy" but not for the reason that it's fake. This just means they will continue to let sellers sell fake coach bags and continue to claim the bag is still authentic. If you dispute, you will LOSE. I kept hammering on with emails after emails but they were still refusing to refund. They finally decided to "authenticate" the bag in person instead of photos which I knew wouldn't make a difference. But I sent them the bag anyway. I emailed and suggested that they get a 3rd party to authenticate and they totally blew me off. They told me it would be their "team" of authenticators who would be doing the authentication. They still insist the bag is authenic. Pfft. Have you ever looked up PM? They have less than 50 employees. Now figure out how many brands there are and what are the chance they have an expert team of "authenticators" you think they employ per brand? My guess their "team" consists of only one or two people. And they don't know jack. So far I've dealt with "Marium", then "Margareth" who claims to be the manager of the returns department. Final email was from "Elana". If these are the people replying to you about authenticity, you are not going to win. I won't be least bit surprised to find all three are the same person. Bottom line, "Posh Protect" is nothing but a bunch of BS to make you feel you are protected. I hope you all learn from my mistake and make a sound decision to get your bags authenticated (preferrably not by them) before purchasing anything from them. PM expects me to continue doing business with them but since as they already told me it was a "one time courtesy" basically means they will no longer refund me even if this happens again. Since they won't protect me as a buyer anymore, I refuse to buy anything through them from now on.