Does anyone know how to custom order an LV bag?

1. I'm hoping all of you LV experts out there might have an answer for me. I've heard for years that you could special order an LV bag in a material different from what it usually comes in--have you ever done this? :confused1:

If so, how long did it take to have the project completed and was it a very expensive process? Thanks.

2. You need to go to a boutique and tell one of the SAs what you would like to special order. If it is a common SO, the can tell you on the spot whether it can be done, otherwise they send a request to the factory and it may be a week or two before you get an answer. The mark-up is about 30-35% above retail depending on what you want to have done and if approved, the bag will take 3-6 months to manufacture. What special order do you have in mind?

3. I knew one of you would be able to help me! I would love to get the small Saumur (saddle bag) in one of the embossed leathers. I'm not sure what they still have in production--I was crazy about the glace (embossed LV in dark chocolate--remember the Fonzie bag and matching wallets? wow TDF) but an SA told me they discontinued that. Then the Mizi came out all fabulous in that aubergine embossed leather. And I've now seen some Stephen bags pop up in the embossed leather in some really awesome colors...would love to have something like this done to the Saumur if possible. Willing to pay a little extra for the ultimate bag!

4. Honestly, I don't think that can be done. If you wanted it done in mono or damier, that might be possible, but since the mono glace is discontinued, they won't do it.

5. ^^yep, once it's discountinued, it's discontinued.