Tech Does Anyone here Play THE SIMS 2?

I'm going to get it!! I'm actually building a new computer soon, so I'll be able to harness all that processing power goodness for the game!! :nuts:

I love the Sims games (and Spore!) but this is the only drawback. Every new version requires an equipment upgrade if you want it to run nicely! I'm undecided on it so far.. but only because it becomes a time-sucking void when I first get it, lol.

:biggrin: I know what you mean! I've played thru 10 Generations for a family and the interactions are waaay funny!

Anyone here tried the 10 ways to kill off your Sims? :P

haha no what are they? i have tried drowning and starvation lol!!

but omg i love this game! so much fun! i was actually really wanting to play it the other day but i couldnt find my cds for it :sad:

I finally have all the expansions, then they release Sims 3.

With all the considerations of what's needed to play Sims 3, I think I'm alright with sticking to Sims 2. I can't wait till I can start playing again.

I hope they cut down on the expansions, it's insane. I would hate to find myself buying the same old expansions again. I had my fair share of buying all this way back in Sims 1 too.

For the S2 Expansions, I currently have:

- Nightlife
- University
- Open For Business
- Pets
- Seasons
- Bon Voyage (my newest one!)
- Family Fun Stuff
- Glamour Life Stuff

I think that's all of them, yeah. Combine all this and over 2-3000+ worth of custom downloads. I think I'm feeling the urge to play this game again. Ah hell, why not. I'm out of school and I could use this to kill some time. I wish my PC could handle it though, I have to resort to using my lappy instead. -_- I hope it could handle S3 though, I'm going to be so happy.

oh wow i had no idea they were coming out with sims3! i loved the sims, and sims2 (especially with pets!).

I'm so happy they fixed up the Pets Expansion for Sims 2! I remember the similar expansion for Sims 1, that was so pure torture. You have absolutely no control over your pets and they make a huge mess within seconds. It's more sad when you send your sims to work/school and they just sit around and pee everywhere, and get hungry within seconds. It's worse when you can't get rid of your pet too (unlike the S2 Pets, where you CAN get rid of it by a single phone call).

I'm so glad we have more control over the pets this time (well, except for the poor bird. That thing was a PITA to care for).

The best thing about this expansion is the ability to give your pets a job. Send them away for a few hours so you won't have to worry about them littering the house. I love it.

Oh I've found some pretty sadistic ways to trap the pizza boy and the maid. LOL!!!

Although, I don't play the Sims for that reason (no really I don't!!), I LOVE building houses. I play primarily to build my dream houses.

It does suck that to play at the optimal level you have to have a pretty good computer. The recommended settings are only enough to play it on a medium setting, and who ever wants to play something that is only "half-assed" you know? The only way to play the Sims is on maximum settings!! :tup:

Oh I've found some pretty sadistic ways to trap the pizza boy and the maid. LOL!!!

Although, I don't play the Sims for that reason (no really I don't!!), I LOVE building houses. I play primarily to build my dream houses.

It does suck that to play at the optimal level you have to have a pretty good computer. The recommended settings are only enough to play it on a medium setting, and who ever wants to play something that is only "half-assed" you know? The only way to play the Sims is on maximum settings!! :tup:

Hahaha, same here! I find that once I've built a really great house I get bored with the family and move on to a new one and start all over.

Do any of you guys use TheSimsResource.com? I pay for an account every now and then and download a bunch of stuff but some of the meshes people come up with (regardless of how absolutely gorgeous they are) slow down the game SO much. I had a dining table once that crashed the whole thing every time it came up.

No way, I don't pay for custom content. I use modthesims2.com. It's a GREAT resource, completely free too. They have A LOT of stuff, you just have to search for what you're looking for.

Cedes: If you have an item that crashes every time you use it, it's most likely bugged. You need a Sims 2 file cleaner that can identify which items are corrupt.

The houses I build take me 2-3 hours to complete!! LOL!! I've had some pretty neat houses!

As I was saying about how I found a sadistic way to torture the pizza delivery boy and maid. I built prisons in my backyard....LOL!!!! And then I would use the moveobjects_on cheat and move them there and they'll try to get out but can't!! I even had a bed toilet seat in the celll!

I also one time wanted a haunted house, so I created a Conan the Barbarian Sim and had him cremated. I loved it when I saw a blip saying "Conan the Barbarian's Ghost" LOL!!!!!!

for some reason, i never make the houses as nice as i can. now that it's summer and i have no more school, i can play the sims whenever i get bored! i think i'll end up getting the sims3 to play on my macbook (hopefully it'll run faster) and play almost nonstop! i've played through so many generations, i can't even remember who originally came from who!

I was obsessed with The Sims 2 for about a month and a half...it just sucked up so much time, I'd be on the computer for HOURS! Maybe I'll start up again (little by little) after my summer class is over :smile:

for some reason, i never make the houses as nice as i can. now that it's summer and i have no more school, i can play the sims whenever i get bored! i think i'll end up getting the sims3 to play on my macbook (hopefully it'll run faster) and play almost nonstop! i've played through so many generations, i can't even remember who originally came from who!

I never make houses either, but I love furnishing them. I do a fairly good job at it too, thanks to all the custom downloads I have. I just end up downloading a very pretty house and then furnish it if necessary.

If you like, you can go to sites like Mod The Sims 2 (http://modthesims2.com/) for some nice, free downloads! I use to frequent there all the time and got a nice bucketload of downloads. It's worth it! The houses there are really pretty too, as so are the sims! Just thought I recommend a site for you to check out.

XD I never had my sims mate, even if they wanted to! I would have them marry but they can't have kids. I guess I've grown too attached to my sims that I cannot bear to have them pregnate each other. So they just stay young and married forever. I think it's time for them to start mating already. lol.

My fav thing about sims 3 is that you can age others without playing them. My main problem with Sims 2 was that I would have a family, they would ahve kids and the family would be too big. So I'd move out some of the kids, etc. But in order for them to age, plus the parents, plus whoever else, you'd have to play each house equally. I would always end up with nephews older than their aunts/uncles, etc... In the Sims3, you can set it so that they age without playing the house. I'm so excited, and I'm so happy other people here play as well :smile:

I never make houses either, but I love furnishing them. I do a fairly good job at it too, thanks to all the custom downloads I have. I just end up downloading a very pretty house and then furnish it if necessary.

If you like, you can go to sites like Mod The Sims 2 (http://modthesims2.com/) for some nice, free downloads! I use to frequent there all the time and got a nice bucketload of downloads. It's worth it! The houses there are really pretty too, as so are the sims! Just thought I recommend a site for you to check out.

XD I never had my sims mate, even if they wanted to! I would have them marry but they can't have kids. I guess I've grown too attached to my sims that I cannot bear to have them pregnate each other. So they just stay young and married forever. I think it's time for them to start mating already. lol.

Now THAT is funny!!!

Obviously everyone who has posted in here is somewhat of a video gamer (I'm a video game junkie myself). But we don't have a place where all tPF video gamers can come together because there is no Electronic/Gadget sub-forum on here. However, people have expressed an interest in getting such a sub-forum made. So if you are interested in having a dedicated sub-forum of all things video games, electronic, technology, computers, and gadgets, please take some time and post your interest here!!! >>>>>http://forum.purseblog.com/feedback-dropbox/computer-and-electronics-subforum-284593-2.html<<<<<

haha no what are they? i have tried drowning and starvation lol!!

but omg i love this game! so much fun! i was actually really wanting to play it the other day but i couldnt find my cds for it :sad:

There's a cheat where all these kill options come up. One of them is "satellite" and it hits them and kills them. It's quite odd.

Anyone know how much Sims 3 will cost?