Does anyone have a Botkier rose satchel?

1. I just bought one online, but have never seen it IRL. I can't wait to see it but probably won't get it for another week ;). Is this a good bag for everyday? The suspense is killing me!!!:nuts:

2. I don't have one but I've admired them in the past. I like the handle with the braiding detail. The one I saw was pretty large (but it might come in different sizes, not sure).

Be sure to post pictures when it arrives!

3. I have the hobo, purchased through the MP. It arrived yesterday and I carried it today. It's the cherry color and it's gorgeous.

4. Oh, I love the cherry color. It's so pretty and great for spring. The bronze was on sale, so that's the color I'm getting. Do the braided handles look like they will hold up pretty well?

French toast- what a cute name!

5. The braided handle is nice. Looks like it will be fine (although I did see someone selling one with a handle problem on eBay -- the mesh part had come loose).

6. I have the metallic plum one and i ADORE it! much larger then it seems it would be can hold quite a bit very versitile!

7. Great! having a large bag is a MUST for me and all the junk I haul around. The dimensions don't sound very large, so I keep looking at the pic with Heidi Klum holding it and thinking, she's got to be pretty tall and it doesn't look small on her.....can't wait :rolleyes:

8. I had one in metallic plum and although I loved the looks of it, I hated the feel of the leather. Felt like pleather. JMO.

9. The Bag is so deceiving. It doesn't look huge but I could actually fit 6 20 oz bottles of water in it. I did it just to show the forum what it could hold when the bag first came out. The bag itself was okay but the Rose coin purse was useless and looked rather odd. Nobody ever could tell it was a rose. They would all ask me "What is that thing?"...LOLOL

10. I have the black rose satchel in metallic plum. I really loved it because it was so versatile (much more that I initially imagined).
    Then, the leather on the braided handles started to unravel because they two pieces were glued over each other. I was really upset about that but when I emailed Botkier, the

11. I have the black rose satchel in metallic plum. I really loved it because it was so versatile (much more that I initially imagined).
    Then, the leather on the braided handles started to unravel because they were made of two pieces of leather glued over each other. I was really upset about that but when I emailed Botkier, the reply I got was that that's just the way it is made and that they can't do anything about it.
    So now I'm afraid to use the bag too much in case all the leather comes off the handles and that's upsetting since what use is a bag that i cannot carry around?
    Does anybody else have the same problem?

12. I haven't had that problem. My problem is that the bag is like a pit . . . it's hard to find anything in there because it's like a cave. I wish purses lit up when you opened them.

13. ^There's a brand that does have lights when you open them. I don't remember its name, but it's such a great concept!

14. thats terrible botkier is supposed to be really good with customer service and repairs (although they usually charge for them)
    I hope mine never unravels,,, i dont see where it could just by looking but so sorry that happened!

15. ughhhh...i am so pissed right now. The chain of my rose satchel broke and unraveled back in August 2008 of only 5 months of use. So I sent it back to Bloomingdales to try to get it fixed and they sent it to the 'vendor' - (Botkier).

5 MONTHS LATER...today, I get a call that the purse is ready to be picked up. Well...stupid me, I didnt open it until I got home the chain is in tact but the purse does not look the same. The leather is worn, the chain and straps looks thinner, the leather strap portion is scratched, the metal portion is scratched, the coin purse is no where to be found, the authenticity card is not there and my dust bag is gone. I am never buying from BOTKIER again. Do they think I am stupid or something?