Does anyone give you a hard time about your bag addictions? :(

Different people have different hobbies and you having bag addictions is just a part of your hobbies. Don't let her bring you down just b/c you love purses and it doesn't matter whether you are rich or poor, you can still buy/have nice purses. I remember when I was in college, I was saving up money to buy a coach purse! lol It's ok to have bag addictions just like the rest of us here on tPF and there's nothing wrong with that. Cheer up! :smile:

Well, anytime that happens just come to tPF and we'll cheer you up! :yahoo:

Everyone has something they splurge on, whether it's cars, shoes, guns, knick knacks. Bags are easy targets.

Yeah, I get teased about it too but I just ignore it b/c I know I have great bags.

Even when I was fresh out of school and had no money I knew I'd rather have a killer wardrobe above all else, so I ate mac and cheese every night in my crappy apartment but dang I looked good!

If this is a part of you and your personality, no amount of attempted squelching by your Mom or BF is going to stop it. I agree with LV_Addict - your Mom probably just doesn't want you to go into major debt.

(((hugs))) :flowers:

My mom for sure. Anyone whose not into designer bags doesn't get my addiction either.

She thinks my new Chanel Reissue is UGLY. I just dont bother with her and her comments.

I am 42 and have a ton of bags. My husband doesn't love it, but he has his issues too. Your mother is being verbally abusive about the whole thing. If you are paying for the bags and not running up a credit card bill, then let her rant and rave.
I had a mother a lot like her, but in a different way. She was always worried I was going to gain weight. I remember her saying "if you keep eating that way (I was 18 and I ate because I was a teenager) you are going to weigh 300 lbs". Also, no man would want me if I was fat. Well, I still wear a 4 or a 6 at the highest and fit in size 28 jeans, shop in the Juniors department, etc. I am married, so obviously her comments were completely wrong.
I would say something like "Wow, if you keep making comments like that, I will crave more attention and probably buy more designer stuff!"
Signed,
Rebellious daughter

If you are using your own money and aren't doing anything you have to feel ashamed of to get them then don't let anyone bring you down... My only advise is always make sure your bases are covered... don't rob Peter to pay Paul... if you are handling your business and can afford your bags... don't let anyone make you feel bad about it... The way I see it... life is short and with all the bs going on around us every day it's getting even shorter... enjoy your bags ladies!!!!!!!!

you're right, I shouldn't feel ashamed because I earned my money fairly at my job!! I am a waitress and I worked full-time this summer when I wasn't in school so I had a lot of extra money I wasn't using....why not buy myself a new bag and put it to good use right?? And I also saved up about $2,000 so far this summer so I can get a new car sometime soon. So in your face, MOM!!!

Yes - my dh and my mom. Though neither knows exactly what I spend on each bag. I usually "low ball" the amount when asked. LUCKILY they never really ask. My mom will say ANOTHER NEW BAG? hehe

yes, a lot of ppl give me grief about my desire for more bags.. bf, siblings, co-workers, some friends.. they think I can save my money for more important things.. like a car... then I said to them, I want my bag for now.. I mean, i listen to their comments but I don't follow it.. it is my money and i will do what I want with it..

one of my friends is very negative about it-she is the yard sale queen she dresses herself and her family from yard sales and Walmart ONLY. I just got a new bag (Charlie Lapson $259.00 off ShopNBC I love his stuff) and we were on the phone and the bag came on again and I commented "oh there's my new bag cant wait to get it" and she went on her "I wouldnt spend more than $10 on a purse" lecture and I said enough is enough I respect your cheapness and never would criticize you for how you chose to dress so if you cant show me the same respect I have nothing left to say to you" and she got real quiet and finally said "guess I had that coming I'm sorry" My mother, may she rest in peace, taught me how to shop so I never had to deal with that and my DH says he'd buy me every LV made if he could afford to. I would not pursue a 'new' friendship with somebody not like-minded, too old for that, and I am so sorry you have to deal with that from your mother. I was very excited to find tPF and lurked here for a month before registering because I thought it was too good to be true at first! We are all here for you so vent away-its a real sisterhood in here!:flowers: