Does anyone every get this feeling???

Even people who don't know the name of the bag can tell it is a quality bag - it kinds of makes you feel like you are "in the know" - I was in a boutique today and all the salesclerks wanted to carry it for a while.:amuse:

I never even heard of b bags until I signed on here! of course I had heard of Balenciaga but I associated the name with evening gowns only. Now I have 2 b bags of my very own, plus I saw one at the airport this past weekend.

It's only because we're conditioned to think all those labels and monogram makes her "classy".

I was eating out at a nice restaurant and I swear there was a lady that was a walking billboard. With her matching LV monogram bag, belt, and shoes, her 7 For All Mankind Jeans (Flo Jos!), and her Gucci shirt. It was a bit blinding. Her family/friends were dressed in similar manner.

I like to dress simply and have maybe 1 or 2 logos max show, otherwise I start to feel gaudy.

that's the thing, though

people who wear too much of the logo look gross.

as where people who wear it oh-so-non-cholant look...nice.

I got hooked to the B-Bags just by reading your threads :tender:

In my city, everyone just go for the logo bags ... they are much to be recognised in the crowd as an expensive bag meaning a well-off girl... when I carry my B-Bag, no one notices it except for the foreigners (European, Americans, Canadians, etc) in my country who just give me their biggest smiles lol...

It just makes me ===> :jammin:

Most of the citizens in my city still have to discover this brand !

B-Bags are only appreciated by the people who appreciate quality..

i was looking for a bag that was expensive but not logo'd, and i found balenciaga, and then these forums, and then the obsession started...

one thing i always hated about carrying around my louis vuitton messengers is that i usually got a "nice bag" which was ALWAYS followed by a "how much?". Now i just get "nice bag" :biggrin: or nothing at all which i sometimes prefer.

a lot of my friends are also "faux fashion-foward" (ie: can name Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton, but don't know Marc Jacobs designs for Louis Vuitton) so its nice to show up to lunch or a shopping trip and not be ridiculed for "wasting my money" on "something like a bag". so glad i have you ladies here for support :flowers::flowers:

I love the fact that B-bags are understated and subtle--that's why I've never liked LV--it's too "in your face" for me. I have a Gucci tote that I use for school sometimes, but I find it annoying when people are staring at it and asking me how much it costs.

same here~and i've actually been asked once if it's fake~:cursing: I got so frustrated by that~ b-bags make me so much comfortable and secure, nothing can beat to been true myself for what i really love~

I have ONE friend who has a clue about fashion and knows what Balenciaga is. She appreciates my bag, but everyone else = clueless. The main person who loves my baby is my MOM. She is always trying to steal her ;(

I *prefer* that others don't know that my bag is a designer, high-end bag. I love the fact that Balenciaga has a cult following in terms of handbags, and that it's not readily identifiable via a big obnoxious logo or print. I like thinking that it's "my little secret," along with others who are "in the know." Maybe it's the snob in me, but I like to keep my coveted, treasured handbags as exclusive as possible, and would prefer that others not know about it! Hehe.

I live in D.C. and b-bags are not big here at all. This is logo'ville. That said when i'm walking around Neiman's I do get a few looks from SA's that know the line. I've only ever seen ONE other b-bag around town. Sometimes I wish that my b-bags would get more props - but i'm also happy with their "insider" "lowkey" fashion.