Does anyone ever second guess a purchase because of this forum?

1. I have a new Damier Speedy 25 which I just love (especially after the hot chocolate incident). Size seems fine (all my stuff fits with extra room; I carry the Porte Tresor, an Agenda, cell phone, IPOD, Cosmetic Case, pen, etc. and that's about it. I keep everyone talking about if you are not tiny, you should have the 30. I did like this one (and thought the other might sag too much since I don't carry too much stuff). When I compare my speedy to other bags, it seems plenty big - but I find myself second guessing my choice after being on this forum becaue it seems like people only think the 25 is okay if you are 5' tall and 100 pounds (and even then they tell people to get the 30). Does anyone else like the Damier 25?

I know that's silly to second guess a bag because of the forum - and of course, I'm going to keep it because I would never return a bag that had hot chocolate on it, and I do like it. But does anyone ever feel as if they made a wrong choice because everyone else seems to disagree?

2. Not really. I am sure a lot of people disagree with some (or maybe most) of my purchases (I remember the thread about the fringe line, when it was first introduced!!!:lol:) but at the end of the day, I am the one that uses the bag and if I am happy with my choice, that's all that matters!:yes:

3. LV Addict - thanks!

I guess I was worried that I am carrying a few extra pounds and that I might look silly with my bag - but I really like it and I don't carry much. I imagine it looks less silly than my Drouot and there's always my Babylone if I want to look slimmer!

4. I wouldn't worry about it. I'm 5'7" and 150 lbs, and I think my Damier Speedy 25 is perfect. I don't like the way the 30s sag either.

5. Ladies, remember one thing - opinions given on this forum are just that, opinions. Final decisions are up to you!:wlae:Don't let anyone bully you into something you don't like or want.:flowers: I thank God that we all have dif. tastes in things because if all of us agreed on everything it would be like a bunch of clones walking around!!!:lol:

6. at the end of the day the only thing that matters is how YOU like your bag. everyone likes different bags, sizes, shapes for different reasons and while i do ask questions and seek opinions about bags before i buy one the decision is ultimately mine to make. I might get to the boutique and the 30 may look stupid on me IMO but the 25 just right. i may hate the petit noe that everyone recommended and love the noe. its how you feel and what you believe looks good on you. :smile:

7. Yeah, If the bag works for you than that's what matters. I like to use this forum for opinions and experiences others have with pieces I'm interested in, but at the end of the day I buy what feels right when I'm in the store. For example, I'm going to get a reade pm, a lot of people suggested going for a darker color, but I'm in love with the perle (especially when I see it in person) so that's what I'm getting. Go with your gut, you have to use it and like it so your opinion is really the only one that matters....

8. You shouldn't let comments here make you second guess your choice of handbag.

I noticed that some posts criticize certain styles. People who don't own that style say they don't like the look, color, hardware, size, whatever. Or that a bag is not right for a certain body type, etc.

There are LV styles that I think are awful. I wouldn't want them regardless of the price, but I would never say so here. Someone else chose that bag carefully and spent a lot of money on it and a negative comment can reduce that person's enjoyment. If I don't have a positive comment, I don't comment at all.

People have made negative comments about bags I own. Not directed to me, of course, but still, it's like "ouch! How dare someone not like my choice!" But no second guessing due to comments.

IMHO (very humble) I think you picked a great bag, that's a good size & shape for anyone - very classic. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.

9. If you love the bag, that's all that counts. People come here to share opinions, but not to sway your decisions. It's nice to review what others have to say about a bag or accessory that I don't have. In the end, though, I have to see for myself if I like the item. Afterall, it's your money you're spending.

10. No, I've never changed my mind about a bag I like because of other peoples comments or opinions, and I kind of prefer that not everone is carrying the same bag as me. What has changed is that bags I didn't particularly like have grown on me because of all the pictures and comments I see here.

11. i'm 5'4" at 116lbs, and i can only use the Speedy 25, and the 30 looks stupid on me. as long as you feel that you really do like your bag, then :censor: what everyone else thinks.

12. charleston mom, I'm 5'8" and my speedy 25 is perfect for me! I don't carry tons of stuff, so it's always half empty, it would have been ridiculous if I was carrying the 30!! carry whatever you like, don't worry about what everyone says!

13. I agree! I appreciate that we don't all like the same bags, I have an appreciation for all LV bags and I think all of them are beautifully made, but in my case, I don't like super flashy bags, especially the heavy hardware and I don't think there is anything wrong with any of us stating what we do and don't prefer;) ......It certainly shouldn't sway anyone from chosing what's right for them!:jammin:

14. The Speedy 25 looks perfect for ALL sizes of persons. People will always have their opinions, what matters most is your own. Enjoy your bag. :yes:

15. im 5'3" and 120lbs and the damier speedy 25 looks JUST right on me!