Food Does anyone eat together as a family anymore?

Not as much as I would like. DH gets home pretty late, plus hockey and other after school stuff get in the way....but we do whenever possible. We do other things with the kids tho...that my parents never did.

So while they ate with us every night, that was the majority of the time spent together. kwim

I KMYM!

Having meals together is great when you can do it, but any time you spend as a family is just as important, and sometimes a lot more memorable.

Very seldom nowadays, cos everyone gets home at different times, so it's hard to sit down to eat together.

But on weekends, and birthdays, we do make it a point to have a sit down dinner together :smile:

ON the weekends we do. My husband gets home from work too late during the week. So, I have tea with the kids when my kids have dinner and then my husband and I have dinner together after the kids go to bed.

We have dinner together, I think, that's important for family live. It's not always possible, sure. I'm in the lucky situation that my husband and I are working together in our vet clinic which is in the house we're living in. So it's possible to have breakfast and lunch together. Dinner sometimes is difficult to meet us because we are working untill 8 p.m. and after this there are a lot of emergency cases (because most horse owners are after their work in the stable). But most of the time we can eat together and have the time to talk about ourselves, the day a.s.o.

Both my kids are away at College...I miss that time at the dinner table..we always made it a point to eat together (dinner) every night...

**SIGH**...I MISS MY GIRLS!

My parents came to visit me this weekend, and my mom said the same thing that she misses the kids together at the dinner table. She cooks up a STORM when the family is together every now and then for meals.

Growing up we always sat down to family dinner with no tv on. When my husband and I got married he was amazed by the family dinners at my parent's house because he never did it growing up. Although dinner and mom and dad's now constitutes a large plasma tv we all still enjoy sitting down together and having family time.

when i'm in montreal, it's always family dinner at 7:30 p.m. every night.
now that i live w/ my bf, it's not so structured as in the timing of dinner, but i must say that it is very important (to me) that we have dinner together...be it hotdogs or salmon. the days when he's away, i tend to just snack (PB & J sandwiches) instead of dinner.

family is now so busy doing different things, coming home at different times it is difficult, that's why I try to arrange as many meals out as possible, have to sit down together to eat!

i know it's hard with the busy lifestyles & demands these days. but most days we would have (ot at least try to have) breakfast & supper together as a family. on weekends we'd have all 3 meals together. as a child, i've always had meals (except weekday lunches) as a family and i've always enjoyed that...so, if possible, i'd like to give my children the same opportunity.