Does anybody know what this looks like? **graphic pic included!!**

1. Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody could give me a heads up about what my boo boo is. It started off as a bump on my shoulder, I thought it was a pimple, tried to pop it, it started bleeding, and kept on bleeding for an entire day. I finally got it to stop bleeding by applying pressure on it for 10 minutes. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, but would like to know what it might be before I see the doc. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. How long have you had it? If you have had it for sometime it could be a cherry angioma, though they are usually smaller then that.

3. I only really noticed it for a few weeks. It is 1/4 quarter wide, doesn't hurt, and bleeds when I poke it.

4. Could it be a blood blister?

A blood blister is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin. It consists of a pool of lymph, blood and other bodily fluids trapped beneath the skin. If punctured, it suppurates a dark red fluid. Sometimes the fluids are cut off from the rest of the body and dry up, leaving behind dead cell material inside the blister. It tends to have a texture like putty. Some blood blisters can be extremely painful due to the leaked blood touching nerves within the part of the body where the blister occurred.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_blister)

5. Does it itch? How did you first notice the bump? Anything else that's unusual: headaches, fever, etc.?

Good thing you will be seeing a doc soon!
    Be sure to give him/her as much info as possible.

6. I don't think it's a blood blister because it doesn't hurt.

7. It doesn't itch, I wouldn't even have been concerned about it if it hadn't bled for an entire day. No headaches, fever, or other symptoms. I feel totally normal.

8. The more I look at it the more I think it is very possibly a Cherry Angioma.

From wikipedia (yes, not the most reliable source, but I did not feel like finding text on them from one of my medical textbooks LOL)

9. You should go see a doctore, just to be safe

10. It is good you are seeing a doc on Monday... just let the Dr tell you what it is. Monday is almost here! Keep us posted!

11. A cyst maybe??? Who knows! It could be a million different things lol.

Please let us know what you find out Monday.

12. Update: I went to the doc yesterday and had it removed. I can't remember what it was called.... starts with a "P" was a really long word... lol. So anyway, she cut it out, sent it in for biopsy, and burned it closed. I've got to put antibiotic on it for 2 weeks, and it should all be good!

13. Good news! Keep us posted!

14. I'm glad you found out what it was!

Was the word petechia? Petechia means a small, pinpoint hemorrhage.

Or was it purpura? Purpura means purple-colored spots and patches that occur on the skin.

15. yep, it's like a cyst. I had one earlier this spring and had to get it removed.

embarassing story too - my boyfriend and I were messing around and he kept saying his hand was sticky... I was like.. ok. and then we noticed all the blood!!!!! my shoulder would not stop bleeding - I stood naked in the bathroom for a good 20 minutes while he tried (unsuccessfully) to look it up online. he thought it was kind of funny. :nogood: