Does anybody know what this looks like? **graphic pic included!!**

1. Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody could give me a heads up about what my boo boo is. It started off as a bump on my shoulder, I thought it was a pimple, tried to pop it, it started bleeding, and kept on bleeding for an entire day. I finally got it to stop bleeding by applying pressure on it for 10 minutes. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, but would like to know what it might be before I see the doc. Thanks!

2. How long have you had it? If you have had it for sometime it could be a cherry angioma, though they are usually smaller then that.
  3. I only really noticed it for a few weeks. It is 1/4 quarter wide, doesn't hurt, and bleeds when I poke it.
  4. Could it be a blood blister?

A blood blister is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin. It consists of a pool of lymph, blood and other bodily fluids trapped beneath the skin. If punctured, it suppurates a dark red fluid. Sometimes the fluids are cut off from the rest of the body and dry up, leaving behind dead cell material inside the blister. It tends to have a texture like putty. Some blood blisters can be extremely painful due to the leaked blood touching nerves within the part of the body where the blister occurred.

5. Does it itch? How did you first notice the bump? Anything else that's unusual: headaches, fever, etc.?

Good thing you will be seeing a doc soon!
    Be sure to give him/her as much info as possible.
  6. I don't think it's a blood blister because it doesn't hurt.
  7. It doesn't itch, I wouldn't even have been concerned about it if it hadn't bled for an entire day. No headaches, fever, or other symptoms. I feel totally normal.
  8. The more I look at it the more I think it is very possibly a Cherry Angioma.

From wikipedia (yes, not the most reliable source, but I did not feel like finding text on them from one of my medical textbooks LOL)

9. You should go see a doctore, just to be safe
  10. It is good you are seeing a doc on Monday... just let the Dr tell you what it is. Monday is almost here! Keep us posted!
  11. A cyst maybe??? Who knows! It could be a million different things lol.

Please let us know what you find out Monday.
  12. Update: I went to the doc yesterday and had it removed. I can't remember what it was called.... starts with a "P" was a really long word... lol. So anyway, she cut it out, sent it in for biopsy, and burned it closed. I've got to put antibiotic on it for 2 weeks, and it should all be good!
  13. Good news! Keep us posted!
  14. I'm glad you found out what it was!

Was the word petechia? Petechia means a small, pinpoint hemorrhage.

Or was it purpura? Purpura means purple-colored spots and patches that occur on the skin.
  15. yep, it's like a cyst. I had one earlier this spring and had to get it removed.

embarassing story too - my boyfriend and I were messing around and he kept saying his hand was sticky... I was like.. ok. and then we noticed all the blood!!!!! my shoulder would not stop bleeding - I stood naked in the bathroom for a good 20 minutes while he tried (unsuccessfully) to look it up online. he thought it was kind of funny. :nogood: