does anybody have a bag in chevre mangalore?

I had a look at the mangalore swatch in my local store yesterday - in Quetsch ( love, love, love). It is soft and I imagine will make a very squishy bag, it has a slight sheen and close graining. Not to everyone's taste but very handsome indeed.

My SA in FSH said that for July PO's chevre mangalore is available in vert olive, dark brown (she said cardamom, brand new shade?), some blue shade (didn't ask the proper name as I don't like blue) and one more colour I forgot, sorry.

OK so we heard Chevre mangalore is available in 4 colors, and we have vert olive, cardamom (brown shade), a blue shade, and quetsch. I wonder if the blue is the new prusse bleu (sp)? And quetsch we don't know if it is more purpleish or purple/ brown in chevre. Les Tambours, saw it, what did you think the color looked like in chevre LT?

She took the tag out of the wallet before boxing it so I don't have it, but will definitely ask. She did read the tag before she showed me the wallet, though.

Hi, the quetsch is a reddy purple - for history buffs out there it seemed very close to me to the original imperial purpura which you can't get nowadays because the seasnail that made it is extinct! For me it's the colour of squashed mulberries.
But I think I need to check whether the swatch I saw was a chevre. The SA was explaining that 'mangalore' refers to the treatment of the leather and need not refer only to chevre. Why is this all so complicated? This season's swatches at my store only contained prune ( still can't see the brown in that - maybe I'm colour blind), quetchse & bleu de prusse. They may have passed on the cardamon and griolet. I'm no fan of troika but the forthcoming troika in vert fonce is a drop dead gorgeous colour.

<They may have passed on the cardamon and griolet. I'm no fan of troika but the forthcoming troika in vert fonce is a drop dead gorgeous colour.>

U mean the hairy chested birkin or kelly will now be available in forest green?

So it would appear. I never enquired which bags they would accept orders for in the troika but the colour had an infinite depth and richness. The vache hunter in prune or quetsche ( I forget which) was the 'dogs' cojones' for large chunky luggage items as well. I thought the AW colours were beautiful, if a bit masculine, but considering the girly bonaza of lagoon and rosy lately probably just as well. Bleu de prusse in box is fabulous- about 3-4 shades darker than thalasso in box. It stirred the soul just looking at it.

Oh thank you so much for the info. on the quetsch color, sounds beautiful.... Wait a minute!!!!! hold the phone......Did you sneak in TROIKA!!!!!!!!!
<------------------------IN VERT FONCE!!!!!!!! Oh pitter patter my heart!!!!!

mrssparkles, you are indeed right - I checked with a different SA today and the bearn is chevre mysore - NOT mangalore. And rose shocking is not offered in mangalore. It seems the tags might have been mixed up. But interestingly, when compared to another mysore wallet, the grain on mine did look different - an inventory check straightened out the situation! If it wasn't for you, I would have continued believing it was mangalore - thanks!

mistikat, would you mind double-checking with your SA? See if you can get hold of that slip of paper that came with the orange box. I think Rose Shocking comes only in Chevre Mysore.

If memory serves for troika fans there was troika chartreuse as well as vert foret - yummy colours. But understanding exactly what is and is not available in chevre remains a bit of a mystery. I've been dying to see any blue paon for months.