Does an epi Speedy need a base/bottom shaper?

1. I just won a Toledo Blue epi speedy 30 and am not sure if I should also get a base/bottom shaper. Any advice is appreciated.

2. I dont think so... epi is stiffer than the canvas - it holds its shape very well from what I've seen.

3. I think your Epi Toledo is hard epi and bottom shaper is needless, congrats for your new baby :smile:

4. i have a black epi 25 and i don't use anything in it. there's an extra strip of leather on the bottom that holds the shape.

5. I use mine all the time and never use a base. It holds shape beautifully...I know you will love it!! Congrats!!

6. My mum has one and it WILL sag. Hers did and it now has wrinkles in the middle, so my advice is yes, make/buy a base for it.:yes: BTW congrats! It's one of the best blue:tup:

7. Thanks everyone! I guess the best thing for me to do is wait until it arrives, load it up, and see what happens. I'm SO SO excited...this is my very first Louis Vuitton!!!!

8. No, I don't think so ... I have the red 25 and it keeps it shape. Congrats!

9. My 25 has kept it shape without sagging. I think the epi is a bit more structured than the canvas.

10. No, the epi doesnt sag like the other speedy's

11. My epi speedy 30 doesn't really sag unless there isn't much in it. Congrats BWT toledo is my fave.

12. I don't think you will need one. Epi seems to keep shape very well. I have an Epi Speedy 25 that is almost as old as I am and it still has an excellent shape.:tup:

13. Mine keeps its shape wonderfully.

Congrats! Love the color.

14. I don't think you will need one. But here is a quick easy trick I learned here. I use this on my Mini Lin Speedy's since they really sag.

Take an empty DVD case, open it up and lay it flat on the bottom. NO SAG!!!!

15. no, its just awesome