Does a new purchase ever make you depressed?

i think the key here is to remember that boys and men (generally speaking) know absolutely nothing about fashion.. and if it were upto them to dress us we would be walking around looking like wh*res :lol: :lol:

hehe EXCEPT for the lovely tpg guys like JOHN and all the others right?? Who are wonderful wonderful wonderful, right!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
p.s. sorry to hear about your mum and bf being downers, if you absolutely absolutely want the bag, buy it and don't let others opinions bother you.

hi everyone
thank you for all the kind and supportive words, I'm beginning to feel a little better.. I'm still not sure about the bag issue, I'll probably have to mull it over a bit.. The bf isn't as horrible as he sounds, it's just that he doesn't really care about the whole 'bag' thing. Thank you nautymanolo for offering your opinion to me, honestly, this forum showed me that there are guys out there who appreciate Vuitton, i.e. John 5, nautymanolo, deluxeduck, vlad.. granted, there are only a handful, but you guys are here nonetheless. I am the one to purchasing these bags, the BF had purchased 3 for me as a Christmas and birthday present (2 Vuittons and 1 Gucci). I'm 27 yrs old, and the bf wants me to start saving money for a house and etc., because we plan to be married sometime in the future (maybe 2-3 yrs?? who knows??) and he feels that it's nothing if you have a bunch of nice bags but you can't afford a nice house. My mom just wants me to save my money because she's afraid that I spend too much.. well basically, she just thinks I'm crackers. :s

hi everyone
thank you for all the kind and supportive words, I'm beginning to feel a little better.. I'm still not sure about the bag issue, I'll probably have to mull it over a bit.. The bf isn't as horrible as he sounds, it's just that he doesn't really care about the whole 'bag' thing. Thank you nautymanolo for offering your opinion to me, honestly, this forum showed me that there are guys out there who appreciate Vuitton, i.e. John 5, nautymanolo, deluxeduck, vlad.. granted, there are only a handful, but you guys are here nonetheless. I am the one to purchasing these bags, the BF had purchased 3 for me as a Christmas and birthday present (2 Vuittons and 1 Gucci). I'm 27 yrs old, and the bf wants me to start saving money for a house and etc., because we plan to be married sometime in the future (maybe 2-3 yrs?? who knows??) and he feels that it's nothing if you have a bunch of nice bags but you can't afford a nice house. My mom just wants me to save my money because she's afraid that I spend too much.. well basically, she just thinks I'm crackers. :s

Well, I can see what your BF means about bags vs. house. Once you buy a house and are more financially secure, you can buy all of the bags that you want. :graucho: I didn't own any LV until we bought our first condo a couple of years ago; after that, bag obsessing was fair game! If it wasn't for my DH's persuading me to buy a house, I would have been just another Carrie: $40,000 worth of shoes and bags in my closet, and no money to put down on property.

Your bf does seem like a sweetie, buying you bags for Christmas and Birthdays-- DH didn't buy me an LV bag until this year. Then again, my DH is frugal, which is the polar opposite of my philosophy of life. We balance each other out well.

My parents think I've become a slave to LV and that I only work to buy LVs. Even they don't know about my inclusion bracelet - my dad saw it but he did not pay attention to it, probably thought I bought a cheap bracelet for $5 :angel:

I really think that your BF and Mom's criticisms are b/c they care for you. I do think that they have a point but you do as well. So just take theirs for what its worth.

For me. balance is key. I dont usually spend money on alot of other things...so I feel like its more than ok to splurge on myself a bit. Especially b/c I worked and saved like crazy for the last 15 years. So, I do not feel guilty or will let others make me feel guilty. So I think you should just balance it out...and you wont feel bad about it even if others make such comments.

Hope you feel much better!!!:heart:

As long as you don't suffer from starvation or financial problems buying those Vuittons, go ahead and buy them. As for your mother and boyfriend, educate them on LV. Read from the threads in this forum and educate yourself on the beauty of LV. Tell them and who knows, your mother and boyfriend might be so inspired by your knowledge, they will go and buy LV. It's always good to have a man who loves LV or any other designers as much as you do. One couple is Megs and Vlad who both love well-made quality items.

Just read the post about the house thing. You are lucky to have a boyfriend who cares about the financial future of both of you. I agree with him. I assume you are getting married and both of you need your "own roof" to raise your kids together and have a happy life forever. You can still buy LV, limit yourself to 1 or 2 a year if your income permits you. Priotise more on savings to buy a house and for your retirement/emergency needs. :flowers:

Well, I can see what your BF means about bags vs. house. Once you buy a house and are more financially secure, you can buy all of the bags that you want. :graucho: I didn't own any LV until we bought our first condo a couple of years ago; after that, bag obsessing was fair game! If it wasn't for my DH's persuading me to buy a house, I would have been just another Carrie: $40,000 worth of shoes and bags in my closet, and no money to put down on property.

Your bf does seem like a sweetie, buying you bags for Christmas and Birthdays-- DH didn't buy me an LV bag until this year. Then again, my DH is frugal, which is the polar opposite of my philosophy of life. We balance each other out well.

awww Kookie , sorry you feel so bad...Snorks made a good point, about buying all the bags you want after you buy a house and more financially secure...it's great that he's thinking of your futures. My DH and I have been working really hard towards our future together..purchased our condo 9 yrs ago...we didn't have any 'extra' money to spend on any luxuries, scrimped and saved for years until our wedding 2 yrs ago (paid for it ourselves $$$) We are in a much better position financially now, with a roof over our heads, able to go on vacations etc and can now indulge in LV purses. But most importantly, at the end of the day we still have each other.

I agree. LV bags are a nice luxury item to have. I would never risk financial security to own any luxury items. I just started to purchase LV since my husband is semi retired, and there are no longer car or mortgage payments.

I agree that it's not nice to make comments about what people choose to spend $$ on. I would not go into debt for a bag, but if you're working and can afford it, that's one of the perks - to have nice stuff!! Men have no clue what bags cost - when I started buying Chanel/Hermes, DH just about freaked since he thought LV was bad enough!

The house thing is a sensitive topic though - a house is a huge purchase, and a better investment than a purse generally. I think it's great to have that goal, but maybe a chat about "fun" money is something that you guys need to do so you don't feel like you're sacrificing.

Don't you care about what your boyfriend says...it's your money, it's your bags, he's not the one paying for them.
My theory is, if I don't complain about my boyfriend's addiction to nice cars and video games, he'll leave me alone about my bags--it's working still!
Maybe next time he tells you your Jasmin is ugly, you tell him "well what if I told you the *insert favourite car here* is as ugly as hell too?" Well...that may start a fight, so maybe not. :laughs:

Don't worry girl! Everyone here who buys their LV deserves every piece of LV they own, and you worked hard to earn the money, right? Don't feel guilty...because if you didn't buy it in the first place, you would've regretted it anyway!

I guess the strong reaction from my mom and BF are in part due to my recent obsession with Vuitton.. since I had joined tPF in Aug, my collection has doubled/tripled in size. Since then I have purchased: Mono Klara, Mono Mat Shelton, Mono Mino Lucille PM, Mono Mat Fowler (the Panda Cles and Mono Mat French Wallet they don't know about yet). And also 2 Gucci's purchased in July. A PFer once said that this forum is like an AA meeting gone bad!! I think I'm going to have to agree!:yes: I'm not sure why I've suddenly acquired a taste for Vuitton.. in the past, my bags were from Gap/Banana Republic/Century 21 and a Coach thrown in here and there. Dont' get me wrong, I really really want to have a lovely house (with a walk in closet.. haha!! :P) but every time I see a purse, the first thing I think of is.. is it going to be discontinued?? and then... the price is going to increase, better get it now:wtf:!! LV increases were ok once a year.. but now it's nuts :yucky: ! I think after November (when I return from HK) I have to seriously go on hiatus and hide the credit cards and change the password to ebay.. the sad thing is, I might go bonkers! I have to sneak my purchases into my apt so my parents won't see :sneaky:.. but I can't hide the ones that are shipped to the BF's store!! I wish I was back to only purchasing Vuitton 1-2 times a year. When I BUY the bag it's no problem.. but when I go home and stack it up against the bags I already HAVE, I start thinking.. whoah, that's a few months of paycheck right there!:hrmm: And then my other bags are gathering dust because I refuse to part with them, and too paranoid to sell on Ebay because sometimes items sell for beans! (sorry mods, not trying to sell stuff here!) My mom comes into my room, canvasses the area, and goes... "so, do you think you have 30 bags yet??" :lecture: and I usually go :whistle: Honestly, I don't know and I'm afraid to answer~! It was alrady bad enough when I was shoe-obsessed (thank goodness it was only Nine West and Aldo and Guess and stuff like that), but 100 pairs isn't cheap either.. but now it's an expensive purse obsession!! It's so hard to be female.

Actually I think I'm alot like Carrie, very sad to say. :sad: The BF is very sweet to me, but he does say that I go overboard. :sweatdrop:

I'm sorry that others have rained on your parade. I find it easier to keep my purse loving discussions to this forum b/c few people around me understand spending so much money on a "silly bag". I even had one bf tell me that he thought the LV monogram print was hideous and a waste of money. He told me the same about a pair of shoes that I loved. Well guess what? I went out and bought myself BOTH the LV bag and the shoes and I love them both. I realized that I liked both items before he offered his opinion and I should continue to like them after. I haven't felt buyer's remorse at all about either of these purchases.