does a chevre Bolide always show a spine?

^ Dead center of the bag, the grains are larger, thicker and more clumpy to form a vertical line down the center of the bag. That's the spine. I see it on GF's beauty.

Chevre de coromandel Souple has the most spine appearance, followed by CDC and mysore.

I'm sure some have less of a spine to them...I've not looked too closely at mysore bags to notice.

You want to know the funny thing? The libres scarf on the bolide in real life is so similar in colour, but in my crappy photo, it looks quite grey! LOL! I do love it, though.

So I take it you don't like the spine? Perhaps have a hunt around for a bag with less spine? I'm not sure how you'll go, but it's worth a try!

Thanks GF and all ladies and gentlemen for your notes - and no, I think the spine is kind of sexy, looks exotic. I am just puzzled because I have a bag that looks just like chevre mysore but there is absolutely no hint of a spine. Consensus earlier when I posted a pic and asked the question was it was gulliver.....is gulliver shiny? My bag is.

I may ask the seller of the pretty Bolide on ebay if hers has a spine.....

Anyway, I continue to be puzzled. Until I can physically walk into a boutique (when???), this may remain a mystery.

But thanks again, all!

Chevre de coromandel Souple has the most spine appearance, followed by CDC and mysore.

I think you put these distinctions perfectly, GT. I would only add that CDC souple seems to have larger grains all over, so that is why, to me at least, the pine seemed so pronounced.
And my chevre mysore Bolide only has a hint of a spine, whereas on the CDC Birkins, as mentioned, it is quite obvious,

^ Dead center of the bag, the grains are larger, thicker and more clumpy to form a vertical line down the center of the bag. That's the spine. I see it on GF's beauty.

Thanks, GT - now I get it!! But, my turquoise Bolide has no spine whatsoever - just very small, even grains. Could it be mysore? I am fairly certain my SA said it was coromandel....

^ Ninja, yours is mysore w/o a doubt. That's the only chevre that turquoise came out in.

Yes, CDC souple is also the thickest chevre skin.

Katel, if you're referring to that darling cyclamen Bolide 27 on ebay, that one is Mysore and I can make out the spine, slightly. :smile: