Dodgy Seller - warning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently purchased a cipango gold epi soufflot from her. I have not been able to stop carrying it...I have never been blown away by a color like that. She shipped very quickly. The inside lining did have a few marks,etc. but she did document that in her auction. I used a Mr. Clean magic eraser, and some febreeze and dryer sheets for what I thought to be an "odd" smell and now am as happy as a kid in a candy store!

I'm sorry your experience was not great, however she does state in her auction that returns are the responsibility of the buyer. I agree that no one is perfect and mistakes can be made. But if she did everything in her power to resolve the issue to your satisfaction I think that speaks a lot for her.

although many have had good transactions with her -
my friend had a horrible experience with her and received a mis- represented bag.:tdown:
She did not want to resolve it until the poupette owner got involved, but the owner of my poupette was even more disappointing than the seller who mis- represented the bag.

I too agree. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with her but that does not give you the right to make a malicious thread about her when she IS NOT EVEN HERE TO DEFEND HERSELF. Period. Your problems with her should be kept with her, and you should of made a nicer thread and posted in the EBAY forum.

Camper, was yours the Epi Vanilla Soufflot?

Yes, it is a Vanilla Soufflot.

For those who might think I am new here and does not have any knowledge about Louis EPI bag:
I collect Soufflots. I know how EPI smells in cool & dry locations as well as hot & humid locations. I have them in black (one with gold/brass hardwareand one in silver), red, blue, yellow and mandarine. I bought them from the LV boutique; not from a reseller. I am am sure I know my Soufflots very well.

I am not telling all of you not to buy from her! Just to take extra care! I rather protect other buyers. I am not running her down and I am not saying that all her bags are fake! For goodness sake! When someone give you advise does not mean that you have to obide! I am you have your own opinions. If you want to support her. It's your choice. It's not my problem anyway. Good Luck.

although many have had good transactions with her -
my friend had a horrible experience with her and received a mis- represented bag.:tdown:
She did not want to resolve it until the poupette owner got involved, but the owner of my poupette was even more disappointing than the seller who mis- represented the bag.

Cross my fingers.

This seller is not apologetic at all and blamed it all on me. She claimed to Paypal & Ebay that I returned the back cos I didn't like it! Crazy!

As far as paying for your own shipping to return a bag, that is a given on any auction. If a seller is kind enough to offer a return, it is always the buyer's responsibility to return the bag at their own cost.

I agree that her offering you a refund is more proof of her honesty and integrity.

why would offering a refund be proof of her integrity? if she mis-represented the bag then she should be required to offer a refund. many sellers state things as "new" when they are really "gently used". it pays to be honest and if you are not honest and a buyer is not happy then it is the sellers responsibility to offer refund and provide return shipping which she did not. whether she is a student or a "good person", its not the issue, her character is the issue. if someone sold me a "new with tags" handbag and i received a "gently used bag" i would be very upset and would expect the seller to provide for return shipping.

Also, I dont want to offend you with my last post, I'm just stating my opinion. You are probably the odd one to get the bad luck deal. I know my luck is bad too. Anyways I hope all works out for you!!

why would offering a refund be proof of her integrity? if she mis-represented the bag then she should be required to offer a refund. many sellers state things as "new" when they are really "gently used". it pays to be honest and if you are not honest and a buyer is not happy then it is the sellers responsibility to offer refund and provide return shipping which she did not. whether she is a student or a "good person", its not the issue, her character is the issue. if someone sold me a "new with tags" handbag and i received a "gently used bag" i would be very upset and would expect the seller to provide for return shipping.

She did not represent the bag as new. Nowhere in the auction does she state this bag is new. She never said it was new without tags in any way shape or form. That, unfortunately, was something the OP said which was clearly untrue when you look at the auction. The seller said it was a used bag and hadn't been used much. That's exactly what it was. The date code shows it's five years old (from 2002) and the seller clearly gave the date code.

This was not a new with tags handbag. Please look at the auction. It's very clear it's a five year old bag. Anyone that knows about date codes can tell that. She never represented the bag as new. Why should the seller even offer a refund for buyer's remorse? Or free shipping?

Lord - clearly, she didn't like the bag when she got it and just wanted her money back. That's not the seller's responsibility. The ad clearly states it's a five year old bag and says no returns. The buyer is very lucky she was kind enough to give her a refund.

Camper - when you hear back from My Poupette, will you let us know what they say? When the PF authenticators say a bag looks to be genuine, that's good enough for me, but I'd also be interested to hear what My Poupette have to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.