Documenting Honey Spy color variations...

1. Hi, I would like to have a chat about the various colors of Honey Spy bags. I understand too that many SA's refer to the Honey color as "Naturale", and no pigments have been added to the tanning process. Well, that's great, but I have noticed there are some depth of color vatiations from bag to bag. I have drooled upon many a Honey Spy over the last 6 months and I can't get my head around the various "tones" of Fendi's Honey color. Is there anyone else out there who has thought the same thing? The reason I am bringing this up, is because my friend has just bought one. The leather is a rich orange / gold color. I have seen other Honey Spy's that seem lighter - more of a light or pale / washed out gold color. Is this variation a "normal characteristic of the leather". I am confused. I really want to order a Honey Spy, but I don't want to get one that is too gold / orangey (like that Chloe Whiskey color)...Know what I mean? I know the Balenciaga girls always chat about their leather and color variations from bag to bag and season to season. Can we do the same here? I really want a Honey Spy. If I find out that this rich gold color is perfectly normal, I would feel a lot better. I would not like to get a weird color Honey Spy and for people to think it's a knock-off wrong color. Thanks so much for any input....:shame:

2. anyone?

3. obviously not as chatty as the Balenciaga girls!

4. i really wish if i can help .. im a bit ignorant when it comes 2 color variations LOL ..specially the honey One..

im sure the girls will help u :smile:

5. As far as I know there is only one shade of honey (see pic #1 and 2). The closest one to the honey color is bone (pic #3), I think but I am not sure if it's still being produced.

witeria.JPG 40.jpg 19.jpg
  6. Great! Thanks LV addict...I think I have noticed a difference in color when a flash is used. Thanks so much...

7. The Wisteria spy that's still for sale on Neiman's website (at least I think they're called Wisteria--the ones with the "flowers" along the sides)--says it's "tan". I wonder if that's different from honey? It looks darker, but it's hard to tell from pictures...

8. ^^^ Yes, that's a new "flesh" color for F/W 2006, if I am not mistaken. One of the members on here has it (I think it's in the "show me your spy" thread).