Do your kids play sports?

1. My kids play baseball and hockey. Usually its 2-3 times a week. I think it is important and glad we do it, but once in awhile it gets a bit tiresome. I feel guilty when I feel this way...2 of my close friends kids ( 2 for 1, 3! for the other) are on traveling teams...they have practice 2-3 during the week and games at least 1 weekend day and usually both days...because they are travelling of atleast an hour - two is required. Their wholes lives revolve around these sports, I don't know how they do it.
  2. Yes - my son plays travel baseball and my daughter is a competitive dancer. It does take up a lot of time but they like it.
  3. Talking past tense, since my sons are grown, but they played a lot of sports when they were young, and by the time they got to high school, they cut it down to the one or two they really loved. The practices and games or meets took so much time and they both were taking difficult classes. When they were young they tried almost everything. The only ones they never tried were soccer and ice hockey. In h.s. they played on the golf and baseball teams. It involved a lot of driving, but I was a SAHM then and it was a fun family thing to do.
  4. I have 2 girls. One does karate and soccer. The other does cheerleading. It is time consuming but when they are not in activities they seem to be at each others throats all the time. Sometimes it is a pain but in the end you know you are doing it for them and they will benefit from the experiences.
  5. Yes. Hockey, figure skating, dance, skiing. I am out every single night shipping someone off to lessons/games/practices somewhere. It's exhausting b/c I lug baby around w/ me everywhere I go. Sometimes, 2 extra-curric's on one night. Saturdays are usually free, but Sundays we're at the rink most of the day.

I saw an ad for kid's hockey recently (here in Canada): Keep Kids Out Of Hot Water, Put Them On Ice.

Well said.
  6. Cute and indeed, well said.