Do your Jimmy Choo Heels squeak when you walk?

1. So I love my new Choo's but I noticed they squeak when I walk on hard surfaced, tile, hardwood etc...

I called the SA and she said this was normal with Jimmy Choo? Is it? I guess none of my other Choo squeak.
  2. I own almost 30 pairs of Jimmy Choo's and only 1 squeaks. It is the most annoying thing in the world. And not to mention embarassing. You would think that if we are paying that much money for a pair of shoes they could ensure that the shoes do not make noises!
  3. drives me crazy. I am lke $400 shoes they squeak? People look at you funny. Well hopefully this will be my only squeaking pair.

The SA made it sound though as if it was a totally common issue with them. What can you do to make them stop squeaking?
  4. That is a very good question. I just blame it on the dog. :smile:
  5. Former shoe saleslady here. A squeaking shoe means the shank is broken. It can't be repaired as it's inside the sole.
  6. Wow, thanks I wondered what it was...I have a pair of Chanel heels that I love, but they squeek, even my son noticed it. Does this mean that some day I'll have a "fashion road kill" incident like Carrie on the runway in SATC? :nuts:
  7. If the shank is broken, isnt' the shoe defective then? Or in the least be prone to snap? I called Jimmy Choo and the SA told me, I just needed to replace the heel taps?
  8. Yes, broken shank = defective shoe. For this reason, I would never purchase a pair of shoes that squeak. I don't know that the manufacturer will do anything if you've had the shoes for a while. Test the shoe by holding it near your ear and flexing it. If you hear a squeak or clicking noise, the shank is broken. If you only hear the noise when walking, then it's possible that replacing the heel caps would help.
  9. I only own 3 pairs of Choos and none of them squeak
  10. None of mine squeak, thank GOD!!!
  11. I own 3 pairs and it's only my Susan's that squeak and then it's just the left one, I thought it might've me lol
  12. Uh, yeah! I have a pair that squeaks. They're new, too!
  13. My only pair I bought squeaks -it sounds like it's from the heel though. The heel taps were just replaced and I tried mine on today and it still does the same thing. Is there anything I can do about this??
    I own two new Pradas that does the same thing too.
  14. That comment about heel shanks being broken is utter rubbish! It's just the rubber of the heel tip slipping against a hard surface, not alot you can do about it
  15. I agree. Squeaking is NOT the sign of a broken shank.

It's often a matter of where the heel is placed on the shoe and how you carry your weight. My shoes tend to squeak, whether they're Manolos or Choos, because I always set my weight slightly back and therefore edge the heel of my shoe forward a little too much (resulting in many a broken heel).

Also, it could be the foot itself sliding in and out of the shoe that causes squeaking. In which case, an insole may help.