Do you wear Wal-Mart/Target clothes w/ your designer handbag?

Most definately! Except for Walmart. I won't even shop for toilet paper there!

But I have found some really cute clothing at Target! I've found some beautiful sweaters and coats there recently, and this summer I purchased a white eyelet skirt there. I also usually really like there selection of bikinis in the summer!

I dont have clothes from either store. but I wanted to comment on what you said that wearing those clothes would make your bag look fake.

I disagree with that, in fact I think it would be the opposite, it would make your clothes look like they were expensive. My friend loves expensive shoes, and when she wears her dresses, you would never have guessed that she purchases her clothes from Forever21. They look like they could have been from Barneys. that might be a an exaggeration, but that is what it looks like

I wear lots of tees, etc from Target. I have a few tees from WalMart as well. Their clothing has improved, somewhat, imo. I work at a gym in a small town so I wear workout pants from WalMart as well. They are just basic black and look just fine with my designer handbags. I like Old Navy, Banana Republic, Macy's, etc too.

Here's one of the reasons I started this thread: I have a Dooney Zebra purse and was searching Target for accessories (ie headband, bracelet) and saw these:
http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Danae-Buckle-Pumps-Zebra/dp/B000TSZDT6/sr=1-1/qid=1196877907/ref=sr_1_1/601-6613316-6520927?ie=UTF8&index=target&field-browse=1041790&rh=k%3Azebra&page=1

Too cute and affordable, right? So then I thought, people will ask where I got them, (nobody ever asks where I get my white T or my socks). So that's why this thread was started, I was also curious as to how many people out there wear WM/Target. So...it seems like most of the opinions out there are it's not what you wear but how you wear it and b/c your purse is authentic it might make the whole outfit look expensive.

So, I ordered them!!! Maybe I'll post pics of the whole outfit when it comes in (2 to 6 weeks). :cry:

i dont buy clothes from Wal-mart, but i will consider buying clothes from target (somehow i think target's quality is better than WM)- however, they never have my size--
i really cant tell at all where are the clothes come from is i see it on somebody.
i think tshirt and jeans can rock any lv, so why not WM/Target's clothes?

I am not so concerned with my clothing-designer labels as I am with the fabric content label.

As long as something cheap fits, flatters and is made from natural fabrics, I will buy it. I wouldn't buy designer or non-designer brand polyester clothing.

I don't shop at Walmart but I do like Target. I too agree that if you wear your clothes well, it doesn't matter where you buy it from. Heck, I'd rather spend more money on classic pieces and nice purses than pricey trend stuff.

I love Target for Tshirts, and all sorts of basics for me and my teenage daughters. I just got a pair of cute Nick & Nora PJ's there for $14.99 also. The one thing I would never buy there is a bra. I did it for the girls when they were younger and they got all bunched up after a few washings and were unwearable.

Hah! This is totally me today! I'm wearing an old,old,old pair of Target trousers with a very luxe Rebecca Moses cardigan and my vintage LV speedy. Honestly, nobody's even paid attention to the pants, although I've heard quite a few "Like the sweaters!" and "Nice handbags!"

While I'm not a fan of Walmart, I think Target is a great place for wardrobe basics, plus there's no guilt if you wear them out. I think if you can really rock your high-end pieces, people wouldn't even notice that you've paired them with ordinary, low-end stuff. :amuse:

On another note, you say you're a fan of Target's Proenza Schouler line. I also like to buy a piece or two from each GO designer's collections there. However, say you decide to wear a P.S. piece from Target -- then are you wearing clothing by TARGET or clothing by PROENZA SCHOULER? :shrugs: KWIM? Sorry if that sounds obtuse, but you could argue it both ways...

Just my two cents! :yes:

My wardrobe is a combination of cheap/no brand clothing and designer clothing. I usually mix non designer and designer clothing for my everyday wear. I don't mind going into Target (or any other cheap stores for that matter) wearing target clothes with my designer handbag, i honestly couldn't care less if people, specially strangers thought my bag was fake because i know my bag is very much authentic. I care more about whether or not my overall outfit looks nice and well put together.