Home & Garden Do you wash new bed linens before putting them on your bed?

I wash them first always. I've been at stores and seen people just open up the ends up packages so they can touch to see how soft something felt and then resealed it. You never know what they've touched, how many people have touched that item, or what it went through when being made.

I think I am about the 3rd person thats going to say I dont! I was watching Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachey's show a long time ago and Jessica was washing brand new sheets.. it was the first time I heard about anyone doing that and I thought she was crazy! lol. Nevertheless I started washing my new sheets too after that and I find the sheets just dont feel as nice. I like the smell and the feel of brand new, crisp sheets.. and same goes for clothing. After you wash them once its just not the same anymore, they feel used after they've been washed/dried. I do wash towels before use though.

I wash everything before using it. The person producing the linens, garments etc. touched it and I don't know if they had washed there hands prior to making my particular item. I want it to be washed, clean and fresh before using said new item...;)

I use to put bed linens on my mattress new from the package until I bought a sheet set in black and my skin reacted HORRIBLY to the dye! After that, everything gets washed new from the package.

I've always washed towels since those are not packaged in any sort of manner. lol