Do you use the same size/style bag for every occasion?

isus, I'm a newbie who is still saving for my first H bag. But I would certainly buy different sizes/styles for different needs/moods. A mini Kelly would be a great evening bag, but a 30cm Birkin would be a great work bag. :smile:

I love to change up handbags to suit the day/evening/event. It's such a big part of the fun of owning Hermes. Same with the scarves and jewelry - a little flair is always fun!

The numerous questions about bag sizing has me wondering if most of us buy the same size in a certain style ( always a 35 in the Birkin...or always a 28 in a Kelly ) OR do you buy the differing sizes and leathers to suit the occasions you use the bags?

I have been looking for a slightly smaller Kelly to wear when I don't want to carry the kitchen sink with me, but still have enough room for wallet, keys, glasses....for luncheon or out in the evening. I find that my 32 Kellys are just a little too much for these occasions, and sometimes, my 28 Kelly is too.

So, I have been searching for a 25 Kelly.

I still need my 35 and 32 for work, and my 28 to run out to the grocery store:yes:

The HAC 32 is a great work bag with an *edge* and the 30 Birkin is perfect on days when I don't have as much to carry. Both have a different feel and fill different needs on different days.

And, my black mou Bolide 32 is the most perfect all 'round style when I need the essentials, but don't have to carry a lot. I've considered the 37 Bolide to do the same thing, but hold just a little more.

So, I was wondering if many of you think this way when you're considering a piece or do you generally stay with one specific size or style??
A 28cm may work for dinners or luncheons, but I would recommend a more "formal" leather/hardware combo. I have the 28cm black box and would take it out for such occasions.

A 28cm may work for dinners or luncheons, but I would recommend a more "formal" leather/hardware combo. I have the 28cm black box and would take it out for such occasions.

I agree, HG.....my Kelly 28 is black clemence. So, my luncheon/dinner/going out bag would be, probably box....although....I can see myself picking up this Kelly and taking it almost anywhere with me.

I'm also thinking ahead to a 32 box retourne.....easier to use ( for me ) but would I like the "look" of the less structured retourne style in box?....... Don't know.......

How good are you with Photoshop? What you could do is get a full body shot of yourself and add pictures of different style bags from the library to give you an idea of the look. Proportions may be off because you are just adding a picture without really getting the right dimensions relative to your size. Or, you could go into the store and try bags on for size.

hermesgroupie, that's a great idea!

If you have noticed tho, some of my posts when others ask about size of handbags related to size/height of the wearer.....I always jump in with the not so popular idea that it doesn't make much difference.

And there are posts asking about how does this style look on me....and my thought always is, all Hermes bags look great......question is, do you like it?

Then, recently I started thinking.....it was one of those *lightbulb moments*:shocked:

Maybe the proportions of the bag don't make much difference to *me* ( but do to OTHERS ) because *I'm* kind of a universal average size lady. I can wear ( just going by proportion) about any size and style of Hermes.

Question is, do I like it ( the way it looks ) and does it suit what I want to carry in it, more than anything else. And, does it make my heart beat faster:tup:

Good question!! I love the idea of a pool party at HG's though lol!!! So which bag do you have for the beach HG?? I have certainly been through a 'few' bags...trying to find what works best - it's been an interesting journey as much as I didn't care for an ostrich in 32 sellier, the chevre 32 sellier works just fine! I do love 30 for a birkin, 28 plume, 31 bolide so I am pretty consistent on those size ranges (I'm also short!)...I wouldn't do a 35 in any bag but for a GP tote....and for an evening bag...have used my mini plume...love that size for evening and ease of opening vs. a smaller kelly for me...

Being a H newbie, I was all over the place and then for a period of time I was focusing on Kellys only but now, I am aiming for one of each style (that appeals to me). Lately I had been thinking one of each size as well, ie: Birkin 35, 30, 32. Kelly 28R, 28S, 32R :sweatdrop:
I am not sure how that will turn out... give me another 3 mths, maybe that might change.

Good question!! I love the idea of a pool party at HG's though lol!!! So which bag do you have for the beach HG?? I have certainly been through a 'few' bags...trying to find what works best - it's been an interesting journey as much as I didn't care for an ostrich in 32 sellier, the chevre 32 sellier works just fine! I do love 30 for a birkin, 28 plume, 31 bolide so I am pretty consistent on those size ranges (I'm also short!)...I wouldn't do a 35 in any bag but for a GP tote....and for an evening bag...have used my mini plume...love that size for evening and ease of opening vs. a smaller kelly for me...
They have several straw bags out for the season. They're new and I can't remember the name off the top of my head. It's home right now. I'm sure if you call your store they can show you a few models. They're perfect for the beach as I couldn't imagine taking leather to the beach.

I use my Picotin for everything right now. It's perfect for work/shopping/errands/casual evenings.
Next I'd like to get a shoulder bag like a Massai or VFT as it would be something different.
Then after that I'd like to get a JPG Kelly for evening.
:tup:

i tend to stick with one similar size, even if the bag styles are different-- for eg: 32cm HAC, 32cm kelly, and now i'm on the hunt for a 31cm bolide! once i find a size i'm comfortable with i tend to stick with it :smile:

nightshade, if you would, let us know how you find the fit of the Bolide 31??

If you like the HAC 32 I would, right off, recommend trying the Bolide 37.

The 37 is surprisingly, not an overly large bag.....as to how it feels and looks.