Do you use a purse hook in restaurants?

In the bathroom stall, if needed. Since only recently, I've started using one per advice from this forum. But I never put my bag on the floor. I've never been to a restaurant where I couldn't put my bag on the back of the chair or in another seat or even on the table itself. Previously, if the bathroom didn't have a hook, I'd try to hang on the door latch, or balance on top of toilet tissue roll, or even keep it on my shoulder and while I hovered and peed. It could be precarious! So now I have a purse hook and it's come in handy in the bathroom. But like I've said, I've never been to a restaurant where I couldn't figure out some non-floor place to put it.
100% :smile:

Yes, I like to carry a purse hook with me in whatever handbag I'm using. Comes in handy to keep my handbag clean, and I can have it hang on the table close to my legs (instead of letting it out of sight by placing it behind me, on the floor, side of chair, etc). Lots of opportunistic thefts happening these days.

I'm a big fan of purse hooks, although sometimes I've noticed it brings attention to the bag more than I'd like. I think it's just people curious about the purse hook or bag (which is fine). A friend of mine was in this situation and unfortunately, someone was distracting her as their friend took her bag .

I've seen some restaurants already have hooks under their tables or bars and some restaurants bring in an extra chair. I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but there's a place in Boston where they bring you a mini chair that's specifically for bags and small items!

Reactions: jess236
I never thought to get my own purse hook. I usually ask for another chair for my bag but sometimes I get a little attitude along with the chair. I think I'll be getting a purse hook.

I never put my bags on the floor or dirty surfaces. I carry a clipa because sometimes the bathroom hook is broken. At restaurants I prefer to have the bag on a separate chair but the clipa is there in case I need it. I also try to wear smaller crossbody bags so it’s comfortable enough to wear while sitting.