Do you travel with your LV???

1. I just got back from a trip...and I had brought a couple LV mono. bags and wallet. I live in a very dry climate, and I went to a place that is humid...It almost seems like my bags and wallet dryed the canvas and vachette dryed out, it could be just in my mind, but I don't know!:crybaby: :confused1:

Does anyone notice this when they take their bags to different climates, even if you live in humid and go to dry??? Has anyone heard of this?? Let me know!:confused1:
  2. I know that the lining of some vintage bags are prone to cracking in humid climates- but's that about the extent of my knowlege.
  3. Yes, I usually bring my saleya pm and damier cosmetics bag when I travel. I do this so there's no vachetta to worry about with humidity, rain, etc.
  4. although lv bags are very durable, i think that they will change due to the weather.
  5. Dry?? Do you have the pics? I live in humid area and never encountered it
  6. Yes. I have a piece of luggage (and is considering getting more), so I travel with LV.
  7. I live in Southern Louisiana so I know what you're talking about! It's so humid here and my Speedy lining is bubbling and the canvas is cracking a little :sad:
  8. i use my speedy as my handcarry.....
  9. wow, really?
    do you mind taking pics to show us? i'm so sorry this is happening to your bag.

i find that sometimes when it's really hot outside, the canvas gets softer and thus, gets a little rippled. it eventually goes back to normal though, after being back in room temperature.
  10. I haven't had any of those problems travelling, but I haven't really taken my LV bags to very different climates yet.
  11. I can't live without my LV
  12. Lv was originally intended as travel items, so they better stand up to the climate!
    I'm going to Santa Fe in about 6 weeks, very dry there & I live in a humid climate so I'll let you know how it goes!
  13. I never traveled anywhere too far with my speedy. I will be traveling a lot next year during roations (from PA, to CA, to NJ) so I will look out for this.
  14. speedy is quite the travellers..she left her home in New York to come to Canada..Winnipeg to be exact. Then she visited Toronto and had a vacation in the Dominican!!!

haven't noticed anything different about her either..
  15. my speedy goes everywhere with me. no probs.