Do you travel with your LV???

1. I just got back from a trip...and I had brought a couple LV mono. bags and wallet. I live in a very dry climate, and I went to a place that is humid...It almost seems like my bags and wallet dryed out...like the canvas and vachette dryed out, it could be just in my mind, but I don't know!:crybaby: :confused1:

Does anyone notice this when they take their bags to different climates, even if you live in humid and go to dry??? Has anyone heard of this?? Let me know!:confused1:

2. I know that the lining of some vintage bags are prone to cracking in humid climates- but's that about the extent of my knowlege.

3. Yes, I usually bring my saleya pm and damier cosmetics bag when I travel. I do this so there's no vachetta to worry about with humidity, rain, etc.

4. although lv bags are very durable, i think that they will change due to the weather.

5. Dry?? Do you have the pics? I live in humid area and never encountered it

6. Yes. I have a piece of luggage (and is considering getting more), so I travel with LV.

7. I live in Southern Louisiana so I know what you're talking about! It's so humid here and my Speedy lining is bubbling and the canvas is cracking a little :sad:

8. i use my speedy as my handcarry.....

9. wow, really?
    do you mind taking pics to show us? i'm so sorry this is happening to your bag.

i find that sometimes when it's really hot outside, the canvas gets softer and thus, gets a little rippled. it eventually goes back to normal though, after being back in room temperature.

10. I haven't had any of those problems travelling, but I haven't really taken my LV bags to very different climates yet.

11. I can't live without my LV

12. Lv was originally intended as travel items, so they better stand up to the climate!
    I'm going to Santa Fe in about 6 weeks, very dry there & I live in a humid climate so I'll let you know how it goes!

13. I never traveled anywhere too far with my speedy. I will be traveling a lot next year during roations (from PA, to CA, to NJ) so I will look out for this.

14. yup..my speedy is quite the travellers..she left her home in New York to come to Canada..Winnipeg to be exact. Then she visited Toronto and had a vacation in the Dominican!!!

haven't noticed anything different about her either..

15. my speedy goes everywhere with me. no probs.