Do you travel with your H bag?

I do. I'm taking my regular size Halzan on my next trip - super versatile. I took my toile/box Trim I 31cm on summer vacay. These styles can work for daytime to dinner which I like. I took my togo blue jean B35 years ago and it was hardy enough to put in the overhead bin and come out unharmed. I'm a bit more protective of my vintage croc or ostrich bags, plus don't want to deal with CITES issues internationally. I just bought a couple of Plumes (31 and 28) and think these, especially the 31, will be good for travel too. If you are not the type who's uncomfortable with bags banging around - travel in some places + airports can be crowded - then go for it and take your bags with you on trips!!

Reactions: Oryx816
Hi fellow expert, just want to get everyone's take on whether to bring my Birkin while traveling through Europe. I know the climate in Europe is very tense and I am not sure if I really want to draw attention to myself. I am leaning towards Jypsiere since I can be hands free and perhaps easier. Evelyn is awesome but the open top certainly worries me. What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance!!

I would vote for the Jypsiere. You can strap it securely closed, wear it on your shoulder, and it is less recognizable than the Birkin--all positives for international travel. Pickpockets are a real danger in Paris and other capitals, and hands-free is just more comfortable for sightseeing, I feel. Those are three of my favorite cities--have a WONDERFUL time!

This is an interesting question, iylin. Normally I travel with a B AND a K, but right now I too would vote for your Jypsiere and remain under the radar. Just to be safe and not attract any unwanted attention to myself. There is one caveat, if I knew in advance that I was remaining in a very exclusive area in each city, then and only then would I bring my B/K.

Europe should be just fine. My family live in various European cities, some higher risk than others.

As a tourist everyone wants your money and good will.

You should be safe as long as you use the same precautions as you do at home.

I usually carry an GM Evelyne with a big Muji zip over the shoulder shopper. The Muji shoppers fold into tiny pouches and take up little space. If I buy stuff from major label brands everything goes in the shopper so as not to attract attention.

Also I f we go on public transit or end up any where slightly dubious when we get out of a taxi, everything including my evie goes in the big zip shopper.

Have fun on your trip!

I agree that it's not particularly tense in a sense that would cause, say, a backlash against a high-end bag. I like a Kelly or Evelyne for running around European cities - prefer the K as it's less casual so you can carry to a nice dinner. If you close the Evie top strap and put a scarf on top it helps against accessibility.
The Jypsiere can be a bear to get in and out of but if you love the look I guess it's pretty versatile. I would not drag a Birkin around cities where the greatest pleasure is walking 5-10 miles a day.....

Ha ha that's just what I did last month...went to Rome and Pompeii with my 30B. Do NOT bring a 35, your arm might fall off!!! We went everywhere, including the "local" train from Naples to Pompeii [emoji16] I am very vigilant, though, and with a scarf thrown on top of everything and the bag always in front of me it was totally fine. I've taken it to Paris as well, and I live in NY. I think a Kelly is probably better for travel, but the B is fine.

May I suggest another alternative- GP if you own one? This entire summer I traveled through Asia and Europe with my GP and I am a new fan of this bag! I used a samorga insert inside and this baby carried sooooooo much! The weight was not an issue for me. I even carried jewelry and cash in my bag with no issues. I threw a shawl on top and mostly kept it in front of me in the crook of my arm and sometimes on my shoulders. I did all the sightseeing even in Paris without any problems. I couldn't bring myself to bring my B for traveling [emoji51][emoji51]... The GP I felt I could throw around but B I couldn't bring myself to do the same [emoji26]

My "go to" travel companion is a K28.
Fits passports, wallets, sunglasses , hotel passes ( pocket inside ), iPhone +/- small camera
The buckle closure is pretty hard to pick pocket as it can be fiddly.
And I usually put a 90 scarf +/- 140 shawl folded up inside ( following the original fold lines mainly).
It's a not too big, not too small bag for me for traveling, shopping and sightseeing
And hands free with the kids

Reactions: Helen Le and Meta
I just spent 5 days in Paris with my K28. I extend the strap with a heavy silver bracelet so that I can wear it cross body. In crowds, I usually also hook my arm through the handle. If I felt I would be conspicuous, I'd face the hardware to my body.

Don't kid yourselves about the "nicer" areas. FSH area and department stores are prime areas for targeting unsuspecting tourists.

I don't know why the Massai isn't a more popular travel bag...I take mine everywhere including the tube and it's my go-to travel bag. It has a double zipper which sits closely under the armpit for security, and if I choose to wear it cross body it has an additional longer strap. It's under the radar and in clemence can take a real beating. Plus if not overstuffed it folds easily into an overhead compartment or under an airplane seat.
Only negative is with it being a tall bag everything sinks to the bottom, but this is also a plus as thieves (if they could somehow get past the double zippers) would have a REALLY hard time trying to steal anything out of it.

I don't know why the Massai isn't a more popular travel bag...I take mine everywhere including the tube and it's my go-to travel bag. It has a double zipper which sits closely under the armpit for security, and if I choose to wear it cross body it has an additional longer strap. It's under the radar and in clemence can take a real beating. Plus if not overstuffed it folds easily into an overhead compartment or under an airplane seat.
Only negative is with it being a tall bag everything sinks to the bottom, but this is also a plus as thieves (if they could somehow get past the double zippers) would have a REALLY hard time trying to steal anything out of it.

Thanks for the reminder rollinsband, completely firgotten about mine it's been lying at the bottom of the pile so I'm pulling it out and trying it with all my travel stuff. Has anyone found a bag organizer for a Massai?

Reactions: rollinsband2002
Europe should be just fine. My family live in various European cities, some higher risk than others.

As a tourist everyone wants your money and good will.

You should be safe as long as you use the same precautions as you do at home.

I usually carry an GM Evelyne with a big Muji zip over the shoulder shopper. The Muji shoppers fold into tiny pouches and take up little space. If I buy stuff from major label brands everything goes in the shopper so as not to attract attention.

Also I f we go on public transit or end up any where slightly dubious when we get out of a taxi, everything including my evie goes in the big zip shopper.

Have fun on your trip!

The Muji bag is such a good idea! I'll try it next time I travel [emoji6]

I have traveled with my K bag throughout Paris, London & other cities without per se any issues.
What I also carry in my bag is a sac that is big enough to hold my Kelly if I am going into a crowded
part of town or another area where perhaps I may not want to call attention to my bag.
Just be aware of your surroundings as pickpockets usually look for easy targets so that can be
at the airport, hotels, restaurants, & the best streets all over the world
Still have my bag hooks for certain restaurants as well even for Paris & NYC

Last edited: