Do you think you can be too old for a bag you love?

Wow! You have 5 pages of responses and 100% say "go for it"...I agree and I too have a college age young adult and buy what I like. I carry a cherry blossom papillon that is "young and fun" and receive oohs and ahhs on it. Also my multicolore white mini HL I think looks young and she gets lots of comps...but then again I have been told I look young too!!

This thread is an old one - not sure why it was resurrected - I decided against anythihg from the cerises line (unless I can find a cles sometime - LOL!) - I guess I'm just too classic! But thanks for the nice thoughts everyone!

If you like it, go for it! IMHO, the very nature of LV means that one has to have the means to have one, and the ones the with the means are usually the ones who are over 21. Now if you were talking about one of those Juicy Couture pom-pom bags, I would have to say that those generally look good on anyone under 18.

This thread is an old one - not sure why it was resurrected - I decided against anythihg from the cerises line (unless I can find a cles sometime - LOL!) - I guess I'm just too classic! But thanks for the nice thoughts everyone!

That is what happens when you drink and go on the board:confused1: ...I was reading some threads and did not see the date of this thread..I must have went to far back in the threads :nuts: Happy new year:P :heart:

That is what happens when you drink and go on the board:confused1: ...I was reading some threads and did not see the date of this thread..I most have went to far back in the threads :nuts: Happy new year:P :heart:

It's kind of fun to see it up and running again! I like going through old threads too - especially the search function.

Just don't have a glass of wine and go on e-bay - that can be really dangerous to the wallet! LOL

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Get it :graucho: You know you want to :P

Well, I just got a Damier Speedy this week, and I absolutely *love* Damier...however I also love the Cerises line. I'm seriously considering getting an Alma in Damier, it is a little mature for me, but I just really like it, and I can wear it to work and be more mature, at least appearance wise :lol:

So end note is, if you really like a bag, get it. Otherwise you'll always be wanting it :shrugs:

I think of Mono bags as being more casual and the Damier bags as dressier bags. Go for your Damier Alma - it's very elegant! I had bought a mono Alma, then exchanged it for Damier Alma, but then went back to Mono Alma thinking at the time that I wanted the "classic" mono look. I eventually sold my Alma to a friend, but I really love seeing the Alma in Damier!! It's just a very elegant looking bag and will look great when you take it to work!

in my opinion... everyone can carry any bags.. as long as they like it and feel confidence with it... i bought my grandma a speedy 25 in black... and i carried the same one in red... hehe bag is universal!!!!

Yes. You can be too old for a bag you love.

In my area I've seen plenty of 50 something women carrying D&B 'It' or 'Bumblebee' bags. A bag that looks okay on a 13 year old necessarily does not look good on someone who's pushing 60.