Do you think you can be too old for a bag you love?

Would you feel more confident wearing that bag? You mentioned that your daughters say you dress too old, but this bag may just do the trick for you to not feel that way! Enjoy it - and you deserve it! :yes:

I think there are some bags that may be too young for me, but usually it's how you dress and wear your hair and makeup that you really need to be concerned about. A handbag is an accessory; something to help play up your outfit. I think it can add some playfulness or trendiness or just whatever you're feeling that day. Cerises is absolutely a bag you can carry. Deep down, I think we all know what we can and can't get away with. Get it! And have a great time carrying it!

You all are making me feel so much better - maybe I will do it! I figured if I'm dressed really simply and understated, and just very casual but classy, and nice and slim, maybe I can pull it off - I always win at the fair when those guys try to guess your age (they always guess 10 years lower), (I hated it when I was young because I was so tiny and short), so I am hoping I can pull it off. If not, I have three daughters (one still in HS), so someone will probably love it!

Hi Charleston MOM...I feel your pain...I've Bought and SOLD many a bag I thought might work for me at my "tender" advanced age. I have one out of college and also a nine year old! :smile:

When I think it's a maybe, I'll buy, like the cherry blossom. multicolor, several vernise styles and I've even had a cerise...however I wasn't super comfortable:shame: carrying them and have sold most. :crybaby: I'm more into the classic...mono speedy, damier alma...are my everyday bags.

HOWEVER, please note...I live in a small town in fairly rural New England. You live in a large cosmopolition city...(My little brother lives there too!!, so I know!!!) I stand out like a sore thumb :sad: here. I'm sure you blend in quite nicely to your large city. You sound confident enough to carry it off...so I would go for it!!!:wlae:

I have always thought that LV is for ladies of all ages. There's nothing called too old or too young for something this elegant (or cute). I have seen middle school girls with a damier speedy and 70's years old with a looping.

I say go for it...I love looking the lady like my mom ages dress with accessories. I sure you'll look great with the cerises speedy. The speedy goes with everything, don't worry. I wish my mom could be more stylish like you.

I think it all depends on the person. The concept of being "too old" for anything except miniskirts and revealing clothing is sorta silly. My mom is 76 and stole my Balenciage city and rocks it. She is an artist boho type so it works for her. I say go for it. Have fun. Life is way too short.