do you think this dress will look nice if i have it shorten?

1. just purchased this vera wang gown at bluefly for a wedding in november. do you think it would look good if it have it altered to just hit the knee, or should i just leave it the way it is? many thanks!
    btw, i am only 5'2"

2. ooh, I like it long--- I think that's part of the charm of the dress-- the way the bottom flows.... I tried to cover up the bottom, and while it doesn't look bad or anything, I really love it long!

3. I would love it a mini dress.

4. I would leave it long for sure!! It "makes" the dress! Love it!

5. I think it would look great either way.

6. I think it would look cute either way, but I prefer it short.

7. That is a beautiful dress. I bought a dress for a wedding that was above the knee on the model but was almost to the ankles on me since I'm only 5'! UGH! Needless to say, I had it shortened to above the knee to make me look taller. I think the dress would look good either way; it really depends on how formal the wedding is, and how much use you want to get out of it. If you get it shortened to above the knee, you could definitely wear it going out or to cocktail-type events, where the long flowing gown is suitable for a more elegant wedding appearance.

8. I like it long. It gives it a more elegant feel.

9. I think it will look nice either way, but shortened with a great pair of shoes might look best...

10. Love it...I'd def. shorten it due to your height. ;)

11. I like it long. The only thing I would be worried about is that if you shorten it, it may change the entire shape of the dress.

12. I would leave it long!

13. I think it could go either way. I prefer it long. From an alterations perspective it will probably depend on where the flare in the skirt hits you. I would cut it above the flare if you do it.

14. I actually think it'll look stunning short...but the long is gorgeous as well!