Do you think that...

1. LV is the MOST counterfeited bag ever???

I see so many IRL, on celebs, and specially eBay!!!

I was just thinking that it far surpasses other fake designer brands.

Why is that???
  2. i would say so, fake being that it has the words louis vuitton on it
  3. Between the LV monogram and multicolore lines and the Chanel Ligne Cambon lines, I'd say those are the most faked.
    I have bags from all those lines, but I've gotten to the point where I really don't care that fakes are made..I don't support them and I hate that they exist. BUT, I buy my bags for my own personal enjoyment, not anyone else's, and I take pride in knowing that I'll have mine for many years to come, while those who buy fakes will not.

I think the reason for it, it that any bag with a recognizeable logo is what people who buy fakes want, so they produce those the most. I barely ever see any fake Epi's or Suhali's..and that's because they don't have logos all over the place, so no one who buys fakes wants something that people won't recognize.
  4. Yes, I think so
  5. i agree with Lvbabydoll , the Logos attract the counterfeit...
  6. yes, i think so, after that id say chanel and coach. yes, even coach, an already cheaper brand.
  7. According to this, it's the #1 counterfeited brand:

Louis Vuitton (August 4, 1821-February 27, 1892) designed and manufactured luggage in Paris during the second half of the nineteenth century. One hundred years later, Vuitton's signature leathergoods are now a status symbol around the globe and are highly regarded in the fashion world. The Louis Vuitton "Monogram Canvas" design can be considered the very first "designer label" on a product (the first in the contemporary sense), as it was created in 1896 with the intent of preventing counterfeiting.[1] Unfortunately, Louis Vuitton has become the most counterfeited brand in fashion history: just over 1% of all "Louis Vuitton"-branded items are not counterfeit. Ironically, the Monogram Canvas that is so counterfeited and famous was not created until after Louis Vuitton's death, when it was created by his son, Georges.
  8. Lvbabydoll, you explained it right on the dot!

That is a great article Irene...very informative.

Yup, its the logos they're after. Ewww, those crooked people.
  9. LV is the one I see all the time. I hardly see Chanels, but I did see one girl with a fake cambon. It had a circle between the two Cs.:throwup:
  10. I see counterfeit LV's ALL THE TIME, even on 6 yr olds, but almost never anything else in my area.
    It's turning me off of LV to be honest.
  11. Yep, I think they are the most counterfeited!! and the fakes have been around the longest too! I worked with a girl that has a 20 year old fake, they've been making fake LV longer than some of the other authentic "liked" bag styles have even been around like bbags, paddy's, etc.
  12. Yup, along with Coach and kate spade. I am so sick of seeing the fake kate spade SAMs. It's the most copied kate spade bag. With LV, I see the pochette all the time (the fake ones).
  13. Around here, people carry fakes of all kinds: LV, Chanel, Gucci, Fendi, Coach. It's bonkers. One of the funniest was seeing a man carrying a mono briefcase into a bar, afterwork, treating it like it was actually worth something. Probably cost him $50 on the street. :throwup:
  14. One article I read said that the first LV fakes actually came out shortly after it started getting the 1800s! The Damier was faked first and then of course the Mono when it came out, when the line was already coveted. So the fakes have been around for hundreds of years too- my guess is they're not going anywhere!
  15. I read somewhere that the two countries that produce the most fakes are Thailand and China. Nevertheless, most ppl do NOT know what "Louis Vuitton", "Chanel", or "Gucci" logos imply because 70% of these ppl come from rural areas and have no knowledge of luxury goods. I think the majority of counterfeit items are produced FOR EXPORT.
    Anyway, I do not support this trade and absolutely despise fakes, and tend to look down at those ppl who knowingly buy them... cuz for me, my moto is: If you can afford it, then go ahead. If you can't, then don't buy fakes.