do you think i should complain? (sorry v long)

yes complain esp since Herald Square is sucha tourist point. the last thing they want is for tourists to have negative experiences and tell people not to shop there :devil:

:yes: definitely complain. I currently studying in Hospitality Management which learn about customer service almost everyday. So, when I know someone did not give a good customer service it really makes me :cursing:.

I've never been treated with anything close to bad service and always have the best service at Louis Vuitton. My Louis Vuitton is in Macy's, so I don't know why that would be an issue. I'm always greeted by name, when I walk into the store, by the sales associates and they always know what I like and what my last purchases were. I'm always shocked when others complain because I can't imagine bad service - anywhere.

I have to disagree with mostly everyone and say that you should not complain. Complaining may ruin your reputation at Louis Vuitton and you'll probably never see her again. Not to mention this is in a different city than where you live. Leave the complaining for something significant.

I have to disagree. It's not a matter of her not seeing the SAs again but letting the SA's know that their attitude and behavior is not acceptable. Secondly, if she doesn't complain, someone else will be treated badly by that SA. I don't think one's reputation is at stake when making a complaint, especially if it's a legitimate complaint. I don't like how people complain about everything and anything, but for the type of service (or the lack thereof) she received, I certainly think that a complaint is in order.

do complain. don't worry about reputation, I don't understand what reputation is there to save in the first place. LV and it's employees make a living off of us, how we feel should be their first priority. If they piss us off one by one then they are gaining nothing but a decrease in sales and if we all stop buying, then they are out of business. That stupid SA should be fired or at least seriously warned of her behavior. It doesn't matter if it's saturday or monday, if she can't provide excellent service, then she shouldn't be in sales. Complain to the manager and write a letter.

I've never been treated with anything close to bad service and always have the best service at Louis Vuitton. My Louis Vuitton is in Macy's, so I don't know why that would be an issue. I'm always greeted by name, when I walk into the store, by the sales associates and they always know what I like and what my last purchases were. I'm always shocked when others complain because I can't imagine bad service - anywhere.

I have to disagree with mostly everyone and say that you should not complain. Complaining may ruin your reputation at Louis Vuitton and you'll probably never see her again. Not to mention this is in a different city than where you live. Leave the complaining for something significant.

:rolleyes:

Definitely. Just ask to speak to the manager, and explain that it seemed very unprofessional that the SA's that helped you were chatting while helping you out, discussing what their plans were for the night.

Sorry about that experience and congrats on the purchases! ;)

I agree with him. you have every right to be upset. that was so impolite of them.
and congrats on your purchases :smile:

thank you everyone. i just emailed lv to complain.
the fact that it might be noted that i complain doesnt bother me since i dont live in the US i was just p***ed off at the way the SAs behaved.

So she shouldn't complain and let those SA's keep treating people that way? :s That doesn't seem very fair. I don't think reputation is an issue in this situation. Customers should be treated with respect and SA's have plenty of time to talk about their plans for the night when there aren't customers around.
I think the person made a valid point about waiting for something significant to complain about. While I think it is rude to just chat away like that, I don't think the service received was extraordinarily rude or anything. Maybe the part about helping someone else in the middle of helping her...but we need more information about that exchange because it could possibly be easily explained.

so iv just got back from my NYC trip. i managed to fit in some LV shopping (LVoe scarf, small luggage tag and bubble earings) and went to LV in macys herald square on the recomendation of some of you tpfers. a girl in her early 20s who didnt introduce herself but seemed nice at first started to serve me but then served someone else in the middle of getting my things!!!! when she came back to me i went to pay and two other young SAs came over to us, i presumed it was to chat but they went on to discuss what they were wearing to go out that night while serving me. they were very rude, paid me no attention and then took 20 mins to wrap my things because they were having a fight with stickers and fiddling with tissue paper. and they put my things in stupid sized boxes. it was late on saturday but thats really no excuse for their behaviour.
i thought maybe i was just jet lagged and over emotional but the more i think about it the more it bugs me.
do you guys think i should complain?
Hey, was the girl a young Hispanic woman who wears her hair pulled back?

I do notice that they talk a lot amongst themselves at the Herald Sq. location, but I've never received any service short of excellent there.

^yes she was a young hispanic girl. and as for serving someone else, all of the SAs were just standing around and a girl approached the counter i was standing at and the SA asked if she would like to look at anything then went away and got two speedys for her to look at and then took her to the counter to pay before getting the earings i wanted out of the counter we were standing at. she could have just called over another SA or asked the girl to wait 2 minutes.
i didnt mean to open a can of worms here i just wanted to know if i was right to be upset. iv always had good boutique experiences in the past and i was planning on buying, its not like i was just looking