do you think i should complain? (sorry v long)

omg..that is rude. I think SA behaviour like that would pass if it were a regular store in the mall like Gap or AE or something, but not for luxury items like LV or Gucci or other stores. I would imagine LV has some standards regarding how to treat customers and employee behaviour. I would complain..or just make the manager aware of how their employees are acting when they are not around. I think that is unacceptable behaviour especially for the price we pay for their items!

I was staying at my villa and my friend wasn't happy with the way she was treated in a high-end boutique. She complained and made a scene out of basically nothing and the sales associate was fired. After a while you feel horrible for the sales associate because they're job is hard - especially on a Saturday night. I doubt that would be in this case, but I just don't see the problem. At her local Louis Vuitton boutique, she can have relationships with all the major sales associates and if a problem comes up with them, than talk to the manager and express how you feel.

Regardless if their job is hard or not, they have to deal with it. That shouldn't be an excuse to treat customers like crap. If it's so hard, why are they even working there in the first place? I mean it's nothing against/not trying to attack you if it seems that way, it's just that I wouldn't really like it if I got bad service on a trip to LV.

When complaining, I guess it's best to talk to the manager aside from anyone or call the boutique after you leave.

It may not seem fair, but I think it's for the best. I went shopping with a friend a while back while in Orange County when I was staying at my villa and my friend wasn't happy with the way she was treated in a high-end boutique. She complained and made a scene out of basically nothing and the sales associate was fired. After a while you feel horrible for the sales associate because they're job is hard - especially on a Saturday night. I doubt that would be in this case, but I just don't see the problem. At her local Louis Vuitton boutique, she can have relationships with all the major sales associates and if a problem comes up with them, than talk to the manager and express how you feel.

I have to disagree. I know that CS is difficult, though. I deal with talking to rude people with my job on the phone, and I used to make phone calls to participants while I was in college for research in psychology. One woman even made me cry. Even then, I never felt that it was my job to get smart with people I was talking to...and I don't think that SAs are entitled to treat customers like garbage. If they feel high and mighty because they sell Louis Vuitton products (I find this so hilarious)...then I'm sorry, they're not qualified for the job. There are too many people who aren't fit for customer service, and it just ruins the shopping experience for far too many people (some of whom are on this board).

I've never been treated with anything close to bad service and always have the best service at Louis Vuitton. My Louis Vuitton is in Macy's, so I don't know why that would be an issue. I'm always greeted by name, when I walk into the store, by the sales associates and they always know what I like and what my last purchases were. I'm always shocked when others complain because I can't imagine bad service - anywhere.

I have to disagree with mostly everyone and say that you should not complain. Complaining may ruin your reputation at Louis Vuitton and you'll probably never see her again. Not to mention this is in a different city than where you live. Leave the complaining for something significant.

I agree with ya about the different city part. The customer won't be gaining anything since s/he's living in a completely different place and not likely to go back often.
However, if YOU felt really mistreated and will be going to the same store to shop again, then definitely complain. I understand ya cuz last night, I was at McDonald's and waited for my "fast-food" for 25 mins. There was only 1 customer in front of me and only one cash open...

I agree with what some of you say and I thought this thread was asking for opinions and not a test to answer correctly. If she is upset by the experience and she feels that it ruined her experience at Louis Vuitton while traveling, she should give a call to the manager of the store she was at to report of the unthoughtful service she got. However, she has to commit to what happened and feel sure about doing so.

I have heard a lot about bad experience at Louis Vuitton and I don't think this is the way it should be. Maybe the calls everyone makes about bad experience can get the very best staff they can have to make a pleasant shopping trip for everyone when they purchase from Louis Vuitton.

OMG OMG i think this might be the same girl she wasent rude to me but had no knowledge and very very sidetracked with her buddys!!!! but i didnt get her name so i didnt get around to complaining. if you give me the name i will call the store or 866 and let them know.

people will alwasy has different opinion and you can't please everyone, someone who is rude to one person maybe an angel to another.

BUT personal conversations to friends/co workers while serving and having sticker fights is very unprofessional and it should be addressed

So she shouldn't complain and let those SA's keep treating people that way? :s That doesn't seem very fair. I don't think reputation is an issue in this situation. Customers should be treated with respect and SA's have plenty of time to talk about their plans for the night when there aren't customers around.

ITA! It's very rude of them to talk about their plans for the night, while helping you. You should complain

very rude..you should've said something right there and then..
can't believe it took her 20min to pack your box
sorry you had to experience that especially right after your trip...
def. complain to the manager

I would write a letter explaining in detail what happened. This way, it is on record. Who knows, maybe these SAs have had poor performance reviews in the past, and this may be what is needed to terminate them or give them a 'wake' up call.

It is sad to see how customer service has declined in the last thirty years.