Do you talk to your hairdresser while getting a haircut?

1. I always feel awkward whenever I have to get my hair cut. I'm not a talkative person and feel like I don't have anything to talk about with a hairdresser. Is it just me? Has anyone ever experienced this before?

2. I love getting my haircut here in HK because my hairdresser can't speak English...it saves me from an hour or so of small talk, and frees me up to look at magazines and drink tea!!!

3. lol...I feel awkward when I DON'T talk with my stylist!!
    maybe it is just because we are close now but those moment of silences...........eeeeeeek it's deafening!!LOL!

4. I'm not talkative around new people, and while I like my hairdresser, I don't know her well enough to be very talkative. I always feel like I have to have something to say and feel like I'm being rude when I'm quiet.

5. I can totally relate....

6. i LOVE talking to my hairstylist, maybe because i have been going to him for several years now...my hair colorist changes by the minute, but i still take the time to get to know them...i guess i'm kinda a social butterfly anyway... :cutesy:

7. I always talk a lot to my hairdresser and never thought about it. I'm a pretty talkative person, so I don't really mind. It wouldn't be the same if it was silent all the time.

8. I know how you feel. I've had the same hairdresser since I was 12 so I usually find something to talk about or just listen to other talking. But if it's someone new or another services like nails or something else and I don't know the person I feel weird if I can't think if anything to say.

9. no. coz' i'm busy taking a look at what they are doing with my hair. They are the one talking to me! hehe!

10. Not overly keen on chatting away the whole time no - after a bit of small talk I like to take the time to catch up on a gossip mag! But then I am British and we are famously reserved!!

11. I talk with my hairdresser why she is shampooing and blow drying me out but never while she is cutting my hair. She needs to concentrate on what she is doing.

12. I don't really talk but it is uncomfortable if you dont... i don't know what to talk to my hairdresser about? I've gone to him for years but not a lot of conversation going on..... I kinda wish he'd talk more to me :/

13. firstly i don't go to my stylist and colorist every 3 weeks like the totally polished looking women do. I stretch out my visits. and when i'm there, i see the other women yapping away to htier stylist like best friends and i'm like WHY can't i be best friends with my stylist too?!?? I try to make conversation but it takes effort and it's not the greatest smooth flowing conversation. it just feels weird if i sit there in silence while my hair gets cut.

Argh.

14. I'm exactly the same - I can NEVER think of anything to say to my stylist, and I can't help thinking that they should be concentrating on my hair and not on where I'm going on holiday this year!

15. Funny that you mention this because I am getting my hair cut after work today. :smile:

I used to live in CT, and the girl who cut my hair was around my age and we had lots in common. We used to talk about celebrity gossip, hot actors, and concerts. LOL. I loved it! It was like talking to a girlfriend as she played with my hair. :lol:

When I moved to NC, I tried to do the same with the girl who cuts my hair, who is also in her 20s like me, but she doesn't seem to be up on any of the celeb news. It felt awkward to talk to her, but it also feels awkward to NOT talk to her. I dunno. It all comes down to my mood of the day now. If I feel like being creative and forcing a conversation, I will. If I had a rough day at work, I just sit there and relax.