Do you reread your books?

1. As I pull out my worn and battered copy of Pride and Predjudice, seriously....this book is older than I (a 1963 scholastic pocketbook) husband rolls his eyes....and says what he always does when I reread a book..."with all the good books out there, you're reading that again?"

But I can't help myself, some books are worth multiple reads.

What have you reread? How many times?
  2. i reread books ALL the time. sometimes i don't have time to take a chance on reading something i might not like. rereading is like visiting old friends. :smile:

my favorite rereads are the time traveller's wife (4), pride and predjudice (too many to count, i'm on my third copy), sense and sensibility (10+), the complete works of flannery o'conner (20+) the harry potter books (5x a piece), the stand (4 or 5), anything by rahl dahl (too many to count because they only take a few hours each) and little women (10+).
  3. The Mirror by Marlys Millhiser, I read this book the first time when I was about 14yo and re-read it about 5 times after that and loaned it to a friend of my sisters (never loan a book you love, I also lost my Green Mile in series). I never got it back, will have to check amazon to see if I can still get it. Thanks for memories!!!
  4. There are very few, but yes, I reread once in a while.
  5. I think with such an entertaining book, you're excused. P&P is actually one of the few books I reread too. Love it.

I hardly ever reread novels and fiction, but I often reread fact-oriented books. I like to spend time reading fact-oriented books (sometimes semi-novelistic) like art books, history, economy etc more than novels... I think Desiree by Annemarie Selinko and P&P are among the few novels I've reread. Also some books that I liked a lot when I was younger I reread now, like some Francesca Lia Block novels, and some Roald Dahl short stories.

Right now I just finished some Kafka short novels, and it's definelty time for something lighter and entertaining, I'm thinking about attempting Princesse de Cleves in french next. ^_^
  6. not anymore, but when I was a young girl I would re-read all my VC Andrews books.......
  7. Oh gosh yes..i get made fun of all the time for doing this...

Harry Potter (all 6 books) - 5 times, The Outsiders - 7 times, and some other ones but these are the ones that are high up there....i just can't help it :shrugs:
  8. I def. do :yes: ..... books I've re-read the most so far:

High Fidelity - Nick Hornby
    American Psycho - B.E. Ellis
    Interview with a Vampire - Anne Rice
    Anything by Kafka and Plath
  9. Oh definately, just re-read Cold Comfort Farm (again) and I think when I get through the stash I've got waiting I might read To Kill a Mockingbird because it's so long since I read it. But yes, will definately read a book more than once if I love it. :smile:
  10. well I dont read often...+I barely have any books... so I only reread the ones I have when im bored- which is harry potter series LOL
  11. i used to re-read books when i was younger... but at the time, there weren't as many distractions, and i was such a book nerd. but these days, i barely have the time to read the books i currently have, let alone new books i've been wanting to pick up at the store. i still have stacks of books, many classics i read in junior high and high school, but haven't looked at again.

when i have more time, and not as many distractions, i definitely would re-read more often!
  12. The JoyLuck Club by Amy Tan. I've read it 3 times...
  13. Oh definitely! I'm so used to reading right before I go to sleep that now I can't sleep if I don't read something! But once I find a great author, I usually read every single one of his/her books and re-read all the time!

Off the top of my head, the books I've re-read recently: P&P, Wuthering Heights, Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie novels (can you tell I love mysteries?), Harry Potter, and Chronicles of Narnia. LOL when I don't really want to think I pull out children's books (hence Narnia) for a fast read.
  14. YES!

My J.R.R. Tolkien books
    Harry Potter
    certain Jack Kerouac books
    Herman Hesse...

Alot of these are my favourites and all I have read years ago, so I tend to forget why they were so amazing and have to re-read to find out. :smile:
  15. When I am stressed out, re-reading my John D, McDonalds always soothes me.