Do you remember the first time u fell in love with LV?

For me it was back in about 2002-03 when I was watching Newlyweds... Jessica was carrying her MC Speedy and I fell head over heels in love with LV and bought my own white MC Speedy...

Same with me sophiae. My first exposure to LV was because of the show Newlyweds and seeing Jessica's white MC Speedy and all the other MC accessories she was getting. I loved the look of the MC speedy and wanted one real bad but I just never had the funds to afford one, or any LV piece for that matter.

I'm actually glad I never got a MC piece because I am completely over them now, and I've made up my mind that if I start a LV collection I'll stick to getting only Mono, Damier, or Epi pieces because they are completely timeless and classy.

So, anyway, years after falling in love with Jessica's white MC Speedy, I finally got my first LV bag and it's a Mono speedy 30.

Same with me sophiae. My first exposure to LV was because of the show Newlyweds and seeing Jessica's white MC Speedy and all the other MC accessories she was getting. I loved the look of the MC speedy and wanted one real bad but I just never had the funds to afford one, or any LV piece for that matter.

I'm actually glad I never got a MC piece because I am completely over them now, and I've made up my mind that if I start a LV collection I'll stick to getting only Mono, Damier, or Epi pieces because they are completely timeless and classy.

So, anyway, years after falling in love with Jessica's white MC Speedy, I finally got my first LV bag and it's a Mono speedy 30.

What's funny, is I'm also sooooo over the MC line. I said in another thread that I feel bad, because I got the Cerises speedy, which is my favorite, then I got the Mono Speedy 25, so the MC Speedy is just getting pushed further and further down the line! :sad: I don't regret having it though, because at the time it was what I really wanted. Just now, I find it a little too gawdy and loud, whereas the other two are just classy and simple.

i never fell in love with LV until i joined this forum...i hated the monogram bags..everytime i saw them i thought it was so gimmicky...when i bought my first papillon 19..i just randomly walked into the shop and bought it...it wasn't until a few months later, when i wanted to buy the popincourt, did i started my liking for LV (i was unaware of damier back then, believe it or not i was so stupid)...then.........................my goodies all came

Wow, must be the oldest one here to answer this question, anyways, it was over 18 yrs ago, I saw and fell in love with a bag, didn't know it was an LV. The bag was a limited edition piece, LV mono Concorde. I found the bag a few months later and dh bought for me:love: .

for me, it was half from the newlyweds show and also from my family.

all my aunts and uncles and my mom and dad all carried lv since i was a little girl. i would always stare at the lv on the monogram canvas and ask my mom if it was a 'V' and a 'L' or a 'X' and a 'L'.

so when i grew older i saw jessica with hers and i fell in love. but for me, im not over MC. im saving up for the speedy ^_^

Same with me, I have been around my family members who carry LV since I was young enough to notice the "LV" logo. My mom had this old french company noe that she had been carrying for 15 years, and I thought it was the most hideous thing ever!! It looked so matronly to me.
But then I was at a family function at about age 12 and my beautiful cousin who is always dressed to the 9's changed my perspective. She had on this great khaki skirt suit, knee length boots, and the sac a dos. The bag seemed to hold the entire outfit together and she looked so classy and refined. I was SOLD every since!!! :nuts:

I was aware of LV a couple years ago, but it didn't do anything for me, and I was sure I would never like it. We had this Japanese house guest who wanted to visit the Union Square LV all the time while he was here, and I just did not get it at all. I think he bought himself a mono agenda. I didn't go with him.

Anyway, just over a year ago, my dad gave me a large monetary gift after he sold some property. I put it into savings, but decided to buy my first expensive bag. Just for the hell of it, I went into the LV store for the first time, not really sure what I wanted. The first bag I picked up was the MC white trouville. I could not believe how nice it was. I looked inside and hoped that all the bags had that soft red lining!

I didn't buy anything -- the trouville was way out of my price range and it wasn't practical. I eventually ended up with a MJ Blake, which I sold as it was just way too heavy.

I finally purchased a Mono Petite Bucket from eBay last December. It was real -- real old. Ten years old. And smelled like an ashtray. I was a little bummed, but the bag was still beautiful. I got most of the smell out, it took two weeks. I liked it, but I really wanted a new bag. So I sold this one too, and waited for something I liked.

Meanwhile, in February of this year, I finally bought my first brand-new LV piece -- my white MC Koala :smile: I carried it almost every day since, though today I swapped it for my Koala agenda because I want to see how it works as a wallet.

I bought my first new LV bag in June -- the Saleya PM. I missed the price increase by a week, I had no idea! Oh well. I love that bag. :love:

I first remember seeing LV on newlyweds (I was about 16) and I thought it was alright (it was a MC speedy) but never really paid attention to it. Then I saw the episode where Ashlee gives Jessica a matching wallet and how excited she got! Then it got me wondering what the big deal was. Then my mom's friend came back from France with an Alma bag and I was hooked! At first I thought the brown mono was SO UGLY but after you keep on looking at them you realize that it's the best in the world!! :smile: Now I own a "ugly brown mono" speedy 30 and it's by FAR my favorite bag i've ever owned! :smile: I love LV!!

My mom always used LV when I was little and I'd seen how long she'd been able to carry the bags without them getting worn or breaking, etc. So when I got more into bags, I saw they had a smaller version, the mono Pochette, since I liked small bags in high school. Then that year, which was my senior year in high school, my parents let me go into LV and get it and the extender for Valentine's Day.

I fell in love with dear Louis maybe when I was around 14 or so. I always use to see it on older people. At first I was like mom, you should get that bag because it looks like an old ladys bag!lol! But ever since, I have been in love. Now, I am going to get a bag very soon, I can't wait!

Well, to me it wasn't love at first sight.....

episode 1 :80's and 90's- I grew up in France so I would always see these "old" ladies with a brown boring bag and LV on it. It was always so much everywhere, so oblivious and not interesting, that the day I realised the price of these I was like "wow, how it can be sooo expensive since it s everywhere !!!" that was before I knew fakes existed....he he.

episode 2 :1999- Then I became aware of the huge popularity seing cool trendy asian tourists queeing outside LV shops, and 1 day a chinese couple (the woman was crying) asked me to go and buy for them a bag with their cash !!
so I did and I entered the fab world of LV but still unimpressed since I was a broke student with others priorities.

episode 3 :2003-04- The MC and cherry blossom were released, and I was "that's it I need one !!!!" I had a quick look at the fakes -hum sorry- and seeing these badly made things in the street sold on the floor.....I was yeah it'd better be the real deal at any price.....and that's it !!!:love:
I tend to keep it to myself since within the people I know it's so "uncool" to love LV ! I get the same reaction than when I say "I love Abba's music" !!
(which I do...):shame:
Oh and that same year that customer came for business, she was a young American woman carrying Chanel and LV and I so remember her saying "My shoes are italian and my bags are french".....I was "wow, why not me then ?"

I saw a very gorgeous tall woman carrying a petit noe bag 15 years ago.....after that I kept thinking about that bag nonstop for a week!! Good thing there was LV in my country already...I swooped into LV immediately, NO REGRETS- the start of my addiction!!

I am now a regular client of LV and have been sent many invitations to their coctails....but I never went bec. you have to dress up and all, so lazy to do that.....

I also fell in love with LV through Victoria Beckham:yes: It was 2000, she wasn´t in the Spice Girls anymore and she had just cut her hair short. I remember seeing her purple vernis wallet on the documentary Victoria´s secrets and I was like:drool::heart: She just adored the wallet and LV. That´s why I´m somewhat shocked she didn´t mention LV as one of her favorite brands in her book! :wtf: She has so many Lv pieces!