Do you regret your Wrist Tattoo?

Those white tattoos look awesome. I have 7 tats...all of them are hidden for the most part. I have a little sun one on the inside of my forearm that I regret. I have one on each foot as well.

I'm a strong believer that a tattoo shouldn't hurt you at work because your ability to complete a task has nothing to do with what is on your body. Sadly, jobs don't look at it that way.

I totally agree with you - it is a ridiculous thing to judge people because of tattoos or piercings- but I can guarantee you that my employer does not feel the same way. I think ones on your wrist are adorable. I have friends working in creative industries with them but they can also wear jeans and tank tops to work, while I wear a suit almost every day.
I don't want to either have my job suffer as a result of a tattoo, or be stuck wearing opaque tights and full long sleeves at work in the middle of the summer.

i have a nautical star on my left wrist, and I absolutely love it, I've had it for about 4 years now and I do not regret it!!!

223857621_l.jpg

Last edited:
I had both of the inside wrists tattooed about 9 years ago, and have never regretted them. I have a few others, but these 2 are definitely my faves.

By the way- I love the OP's tat on the foot. Very nice and love the location!!

I totally agree with you - it is a ridiculous thing to judge people because of tattoos or piercings- but I can guarantee you that my employer does not feel the same way. I think ones on your wrist are adorable. I have friends working in creative industries with them but they can also wear jeans and tank tops to work, while I wear a suit almost every day.
I don't want to either have my job suffer as a result of a tattoo, or be stuck wearing opaque tights and full long sleeves at work in the middle of the summer.

I agree! I would hate to have to cover up my tattoos. I live in Miami. It's summer all year long. If I had to wear a long sleeve shirt everyday... I would die! :nuts:

I'm a lawyer and I have a hidden tattoo on my lower back. Honestly, I wouldn't get a visible tattoo if you're considering that career path. At most law offices the people are really conservatively dressed. I've never seen anyone with a tattoo at my office and there are almost 700 of us (not including support staff).

If I ever get a second tattoo I'm going to get one on my side (near my ribs) so that it can be hidden at work as well.

Agreed. If you are going to work in a place that involves face to face contact with customers/clients/patients, or a place that emphasizes professional presentation then I would avoid a wrist tattoo. I'm all for personal expression through piercing, tattoos, clothes, etc., but most employers will make you take your piercings out or cover up your tattoos. It's just the way it is. I only have one tattoo, which I got 12 years ago. I originally wanted it on my left wrist and the tattoo artist refused, saying he didn't like to tattoo women on the wrist (especially for a first tattoo) because it may cause problems in the work place. I am so glad that he refused to do it. Instead I have a tattoo in the center of my back, which is a perfect place for me.

I have a tattoo on my right wrist, and to be honest, it is sometimes a p.i.t.a. to remember to cover it every day at work (I work in an environment where my tattoo wouldn't be an advantage :nogood:).

Most days I wear a beaded wrap-bracelet or a fabric wrap bracelets, and some days I'll wear a collection of stretchy beaded bracelets, but there have been days I've somehow forgotten to cover it up, and I panicked.
My solution = keep an extra cuff or wrap bracelet in my work-bag in case I forgot to wear one in the morning.

BUT, aside from the work thing, I *absolutely love* my tattoo and still don't regret it in the least. It's a tattoo of a word that means everything to me and I love to see it because it's a reminder of the most important principle in my life that guides the way I live, so I'm glad I have it.

So I say, if the thing you want tattooed means a lot to you, and you like the placement of inner-wrist, then GO FOR IT, but just have a collection of bracelets so that you can cover it up when the situation demands it. ;)

I have one on each wrist. A colorful butterfly on the left, and a jesus fish with the name JESUS on the right. i don't regret them at all.
The butterfly was my first tattoo ever, so it is special. The jesus fish is a symbol of my faith and dedication. and no i'm not a religious freak, but i do love my jesus very much. :smile: It symbolizes that I'd have to cut off my right arm to deny my savior. pretty cool, huh?

Not a single person regrets their wrist tattoos in this thread as of yet. Im wondering if things will be different 10, 20 or 30 years from now. Thats why I cannot muster the balls to get a tattoo. I get so bored of things and looking at the same things.. I do drastic hair color changes every few months and I'd probably cry if I had to look at the same tattoo in an obvious place everyday. I could probably do a thigh tattoo but really dont like the idea of something being there forever. People say to do something meaningful.. there is nothing meaningful I want to get tattooed on me lol. I think tattoos look awesome on other people, DH has a bunch of them on his neck, head and arms.. but I just dont think they are for me.