Do you put your LV down during Christmas house parties?

At my age most of the house parties I go to are ten or fewer relatives or very close friends, so I would put it in their closet or leave it on the couch. But not the kind of parties younger people sometimes have - unlimited people some of whom aren't even known to the host.

I leave my purse in the pew when I go for communion (I don't have any LV yet) because that is the custom in my church - one time a priest from Florida sat with me and was amazed we do that, he always says in the 'announcements' to keep your valuables with you at all times - so sad that you can't even trust folks in church.

This thread reminds me of that episode of Sex and the City when Carrie's Manolo Blahniks were stolen from a party in her friend's house. I wouldn't leave any of my possessions unattended at a party anywhere! I'd only feel comfortable with that if it were a small gathering of people I knew very well and trusted. Other than that, I generally trust no one. :lol:

my mind replayed a scene from SATC where carrie was at her old friend kid's party and she made her to take off her manolos and then they were stolen :shocked: couldn't agree more - trust no-one. Anyone else in the party would not pay for damages if something were to happen your bag. You would just get a pat on your shoulder and told that well it was just a bag.

This thread reminds me of that episode of Sex and the City when Carrie's Manolo Blahniks were stolen from a party in her friend's house. I wouldn't leave any of my possessions unattended at a party anywhere! I'd only feel comfortable with that if it were a small gathering of people I knew very well and trusted. Other than that, I generally trust no one. :lol:

omg I should have read at least some of the posts here :biggrin: maybe they thought the same thing as I!!

It depends. If I know the guests well e.g. close friends and relatives, then no problem (although I will always keep the bag zipped and make sure it's placed somewhere I can see). If there are strangers in the midst, or people whom I do not know very well, then I'd play safe and bring my LV bag with me all night.

I always keep my bags with me. Church, parties, wherever. Even if they're not stolen, someone might touch them with greasy or dirty hands!
My younger son for some reason loves to grab onto the handles of my bag when we're at a restaurant. I'm always screaming "Ah ah ahhhh" (like no, no, nooooo) and scare the crap out of everyone else sitting at the table - because he usually has greasy or wet hands from eating/drinking. I swear I've almost gotten into car accidents trying to prevent anyone/anything from touching the vachetta on my bags!!