Do you put your Coach on the floor....

Hello fellow DISer! I love Disney! :supacool:

Anyway, I never put any of my purses on the floor. I don't know if it's a cultural thing, but I was raised with that old wivestale that if you do that, you'll end up losing money. Not necessarily right then, but eventually. LOL. I guess it's considered throwing your money on the floor. I dunno. I usually place it on the back of my chair or else it stays in my lap or my shoulder.

Welcome to tPF, OP!! :smile: I'm a Disney person as well!

LOL... I don't typically put my bags on the floor either... but after reading this - they are DEFINATELY not going on the floor!!:P

I usually never have issues of where to put them, they either go in the car seat, on a hook, on the seat next to me while eating out... I just bought one of those "purse hangers" at a local boutique here - but I haven't been out to eat to try it out yet....

I do have one issue though - CLASS!!! Where do you ladies that are students put your bags when you are in class??? Here's the scenario, all the desks are individual desks, no storage shelves underneath, VERY small writing space on the top (so using the purse hook isn't really an option, oh - plus ppl would probably think I was nuts...), not much space between the desks, and all of the seats in the class are taken as the class is full... What do you do then?? I have been placing my handbag on top of my messenger bag, which is inbetween my feet & closest to the floor...

Does this wivestale still include your purse if it is laying ON TOP OF something?? :sweatdrop: Or directly laying on the floor?? I hate putting it down there at all, but there isn't enough space to put it on the chair back or anything!! Help!

You may want to consider a messenger bag large enough to also hold your purse or carrying a wristlet that can be tucked into the larger bag instead. Carrying multiple bags can be cumbersome and sometimes give an unflattering "bag lady" appearance, so if you are heading to class you might either want to put the purse in the messenger bag or not carry a purse at all. That's what I would do, anyway!

You may want to consider a messenger bag large enough to also hold your purse or carrying a wristlet that can be tucked into the larger bag instead. Carrying multiple bags can be cumbersome and sometimes give an unflattering "bag lady" appearance, so if you are heading to class you might either want to put the purse in the messenger bag or not carry a purse at all. That's what I would do, anyway!

LOL... I know. I may start just throwing a wristlet in my messenger bag or tote bag that I'm using. My grad classes are at night though, so I do have a "need" for more stuff then I would if I was just running to a class during the day.

Plus.... you know. I feel kind of naked if I'm not carrying my handbag along with everything else! :shrugs: LOL... :roflmfao:

I agree about feeling naked! Even if I am carrying another bag, my heart does a skip when I don't see my purse - even though I KNOW I don't have it with me! I can have three or four mini-heart attacks in a day, everytime I notice I don't have a purse!

I agree. This shouldn't be a controversial thread, but people turn it into one by name calling and being judgemental. They may not mean to do it, but that's what happens. It really was not intended to be controversial! I just wanted to hear what the options were if you did not want to put the bag on the floor (I have learned a few new tricks on this thread) and what the reasoning was for keeping it off the floor. Some poeple have superstitions, some worry about the look of the bag, and some think about germs. They all make sense to me, but it may not be enough reason to keep *my* bag off of the floor. then again, I have yet to purchase my first Coach!:sad: Keep looking for my metallic soho flap please! I started a thread about it...no one can find it!

Sorry, guys...didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelers...

Oh, that snopes article will keep me from ever putting it on the floor! ew!
Bags4Bubbles, this is going to sound probably a little weird, but you know those shower hooks that are circular? Maybe use one of those and hook it on your chair... just an idea.

i love all your stories and encounters ladies. wow, i have yet to see someone put their purse on the floor. but that's kind of the same idea of me putting my back pack on the floor when there's no hanger in the bathroom stall. but i guess i would if i felt like it was clean.. hehehe, like no pee pee puddle. i know that sounds gross but...i'm sure i wouldn't do that to my purse b/c it's small and i'd sacrifice the discomfort of holding it while i'm using the restroom...but my back pack on the other hand, common...it was like 15 lb or more!

Oh, that snopes article will keep me from ever putting it on the floor! ew!
Bags4Bubbles, this is going to sound probably a little weird, but you know those shower hooks that are circular? Maybe use one of those and hook it on your chair... just an idea.

wow, this is getting me thinking, my grandmother use to have a purse holder that she got from a friend that hooked onto the table like how you're talking about the shower hook...i should ask her where her friend got it from and maybe i can spread the word here :smile:

i rest it on my feet when there are no hooks, chairs, etc. . . . gets a bit tiring

oh and the bathroom thing? i won't even use the bathroom if the stalls have no hooks (i can hold it)

basically i'm a psycho

I will in my own house... rarely.

Public? :wtf:

I will hold it myself, put it on a chair, or make my hubby hold it! :queen:

LOL, yeah i know...it sounds gross but i'm willing to admit it...my backpack that is:wtf::wtf::wtf:....hehehhehe. i'll try to think twice about it next time when i go use the restroom and there's no hook...but when nature calls...man