Books & Music

Do you preserve magazines like books, or do you throw them away like newspapers?

toobabyish Posted By toobabyish Posted Mar 4, 2012

1. I did install the National Geographic on my computer. It is a bit sucky. Rather have the originals.

I do have the first volume and edition. It is a reprint but it s hard to tell.

Sent from my iPad 64GB from where I am now.

2. I have a large pile of vogue magazines, I like them as I think they look nice, I most likely wouldn't read them again, but they have a stylish edge to them and I'm 'in to' that kind of decor (wooden floors, large bookshelves, magazines stacked high used as side tables, large fancy fireplaces....I can't really describe it lol) they are in a cupboard until I move into a house officially instead of renting, but I will still keep them, some I haven't even opened the packaging!

3. Ever since I got my kindle Fire I've been getting magazines on that. I feel it's a waste of paper to buy a magazine which you look through once then throw out.

4. I do the same thing. But I have to be more selective with what I rip out because I have a few too many binders. :p LOL.

5. Now I do have some phone books from the years of 1914, 1919, 1942, 1943, 1952, 1959, 1963.

I also have annual magazine published by the Los Angeles Times from 1957.

Sent from my iPad 64GB from where I am now.

6. I don´t generally, except when Radar was still putting out issues. I´ve kept every single one of them. Stuff like Vogue and Cosmo I very seldom buy and when I do, I don´t keep them after reading.

7. I recycle all my mags
    I get a lot because I used to have a beauty salon and they send them for free
    I take some to schools for teachers to use for art projects and recycle the rest

I do save national geographics for some resaon

8. Magazines are usually around for 6 months, after that I recycle them.

9. i have all my books from since age 7.

the magazines i kept them for a decade or so but had to throw them out because of mould, moths etc. I still have some Nat Geo mags which are about 30+ years old. :biggrin:

10. I save my Food Network magazines and other cooking magazines and I save any magazine with Gwen Stefani on the cover - I have most of the magazines she has been on the cover for the last 10 years

11. I recycle them..currently I just borrow from the library

12. I keep them for a while then toss them out

13. I have all of the Marie Claire and W magazines from like the last 4 years. I just can't bring myself to throw them away.

14. I do! But only the Vogue Collections editions - they only come out twice a year, and are true collectibales

15. keep my favorite issues & toss the rest out