Do You Prefer Size 30 or 35 Birkin?

I'm only 5'2" but when I tried on the 30, it looked so tiny on me, probably because I was wearing a winter coat at the time....

35 works a lot better... but, having said that, I'm I'm getting an exotic, it will be in 30.

If you use it and thrash it like Kate Moss does with hers, yes. My 30cm Choc Box is my throw-around, so it has already developed batwings. Give it a year or two, I think my Choc Box can lie flat on its side!
I didn't know that, MrsS! I have always thought box calf to be a strong, hard and sturdy leather. Can't imagine what would happen to those slouchy leathers like Clemence and Swift. :wtf:

Hello Hermes lovers,

I discovered this blog only yesterday and I am so happy; I have been addicted to Hermes since I bought my first one over 30 years ago!

In addition to what everyone else said, the best size Birkin also depends on the type of leather. The softer leathers such as Clemence or Togo look casually elegant in the 35 cm size and are great for daytime. Sometimes, the really rigid leathers like Chevre can look overwhelming in the 35 cm size and may work better in the 30 cm size.

i prefer a size 30 mainly because of the weight. i like the look of the 35 much better but the weight prevents me from carrying it anywhere else but the office. the 30 holds quite a lot for its size and though it looks more dainty, i use it a lot more than the 35. why not consider a HAC? it doesnt have the weight of the 35 but it has the same look! it looks amazing on! :smile:

i like the look of the 35 much better
I thought I liked 30cm better, but I really think 35cm looks the best...even for croc...I thought croc. birkin 30cm would be the right size for me, but I am certainly in LOVE with 35cm more than 30cm...and my croc JPG shoulder Birkin:heart:! I LOVEEEEEEEE my croc. JPG shoulder Birkin so much~!:love: I love it more than my regular shape (30cm & 35cm) croc Birkins!

The 35 is the only one that can hold enough for the office for me, but the weight limits it for work-only for me.
I use the 30 for shopping and errands - it's quite small in terms of volume.
Agree with the comments about the leather making a huge difference, but I think the 35 looks best in the slouchier leathers, which are unforunately heavier.

I like the 30cm for a more dressy look, 35cm for casual dress.

One more agreeing vote! :yes:

I'd carry the 30cm when I wear dresses or want to look more feminine/formal.
35cm for more street chic, casual look with jeans.

Agree that weight and leather plays a huge factor...If too much walking around is involved, I try not to carry my 35cm.