Do you own any non-designer/non high-end bags?

You are so right, Ammietwist. Just buy the bags you like without caving in to trends and brands so much sesrup. When I was a student , I have no clue about fashion though I love bags back then too. My sister fill me in about fashion sometimes but in the most part I did not really have any time to obsess as too many assignments to do.

Sure! I am in the non designer club.

I have a few bags from Nine West (carried one today as a matter of fact :P ) I also have two from New York & Company (the chain store). None were over $60.

At your age, I didn't own a single designer bag, either! :smile:

I still happily buy lower-end (I'm waiting for one to be delivered from a PF member, at the moment!) or non-designer bags, but I have to say, that once you have owned a gorgeous, beautiful quality bag (whether it is high-end designer or not), it is harder to go back; because you really notice the huge difference in the quality of the leather/fabric and the make.

Although I may love the design of very inexpensive bags (often more than most designer!), I've become a bit spoilt :shame: and am usually only happy with the quality of bags over $375.00, now!

I think there are a few true 'bag snobs' around, who apparently only like very high-end designer bags; but I think most of us are a little more flexible! :smile:

I used to have a Sak bag but I gave it away recently. I bought a really nice suede bag from Express in the mall once. They have some really nice bags. I still have a DKNY bag I got from Marshalls but I hardly carry it now.

Hi Sesrup: welcome to the Forum. If you go back through old threads, you'll find numerous topics posted on reasonably priced bags. Personally I have piles of them: Ralph Lauren, Ellington, American West, Frye - very few of which I paid more than $100 for on the secondary market (read here NWT on eBay and at outlets). A great bag which completes your outfit can make you feel like a million bucks, regardless of how much or how little it cost you.

I have tons of non high-end bags. Matt & Nat, Guess, Kenneth Cole Reaction, even some bags from the Gap etc... The thing is since I started buying designer bags I don't want to use the less expensive ones anymore. There is nothing wrong with most non-high end bags, some of them are still good quality and there are lots of great designs. I just makes more sense to me to get some use out of the bag that I paid $1000 for instead using a bag I paid $60 for.

When I was your age I had one bag and I was so happy with it because it was leather and not fabric. As I got older I began buying whatever bags I could afford and one day when I was in my late 30's I took stock of what I had lurking in my closet and realized that I'd rather have one good, high quality bag that I absolutely loved than all the bags combined already living in my closet that I was lukewarm about. Just something that happened with age I guess.

Now, in my late 40's I have long since given away or sold all the bags of my youth and own a few luscious handbags I adore and use daily (mostly Chanel and some LV) HOWEVER just today I brought home a beautiful vintage velvet and mother of pearl evening purse I found at my local vintage store that cost me a whopping $22.00. And I am just as in love with that bag as with any other bag in my closet.:love: :love:

I only started buying expensive bags within the past six months. But I still love cheaper bags especially funky, unusual, one-off or even vintage pieces. The best thing is that when i use them, I don't have to worry about getting them dirty or staining them in any way :biggrin: when I carry my designer bags, I get SO paranoid!

Yes indeed! I'm mostly into vintage stuff though, so I'm able to get high quality handbags for great prices (stuff was made better way back when). I do however have 2 bags on the way, a Michael Kors (very reasonably priced) and a vintage Chanel that I am SOOO excited to be getting. I certainly am interested in high end stuff, probably would buy more if finances allowed!

I have many wonderful vintage bags and cheap bags from mango, zara and H&M :smile: Im also a student and i don't afford all these high end bags, allthough I occasionally splurge on one :biggrin:

I own all different types of bags! I'm not a bag snob at all, even though I have a few high end designer bags. I buy what I like, regardless of where it came from. Cute is cute no matter the price tag.

i have high end designer, middle of the road, and non-designer bags and i love them all the same! actually my fave bag to carry right now is my summer/spring bag -- this gorgeous white leather bag i just bought from express $98 marked down to 50% off -- $49...score! THe leather is thick, soft, and smooshy and feels just as nice as my my higher end bags. AND i don't feel so bad when it gets a little dirty...win-win!