Do you never get sick?

1. I'm guessing that my immune system is extremely high because I never, and I mean NEVER, get sick with anything. The worst sickness I've ever had was the common cold.. maybe the chicken pox. I've never had the flu and I even once went about 5 years without ever getting a flu shot. In fact, when I actually did get my flu shot, it gave me the "mini flu" for a few days. I never go to the doctor at all unless something requires me to have a physical. I'm wondering if my health is caused by my genes or something hereditary because I know it's not due to what I eat (I'm a.. bad eater LOL) or it could be that I work out regularly. Now that I've posted this thread, I'm just waiting for karma to sneak up on me LOL.

Is anyone else like this?

2. I don't usually get sick that often - maybe 1-2 colds a year. But I'm exposed to a ton of germs every day so that is probably why. I have an immune system of steel. :tup:

3. I get sick maybe once every three years or so. However, when I do get sick I get REALLY sick.

4. I never get sick.

I do however have wicked messed up sinuses and the different high and low fronts that move through Ohio sometimes make me suffer. :crybaby:

But if you're talking about "sick, sick", like getting "the common cold", I haven't had a regular "cold" in probably 10+ years. And I haven't had the flu since I was in 3rd grade. I make sure to get a flu shot every year and take care of myself.

But I too think I come from good genes. My mom rarely ever gets sick. My dad usually only gets sick once a year, usually with a pretty bad cold, but usually only once.

5. I rarely get sick but get a really bad flu every winter! :sad:

6. I almost always get sick when I travel, which sucks, because I love to travel :sad: I think I've developed allergies so season changes kill me too. Usually stuffy and miserable. I haven't been the kind of sick that can be treated with antibiotics or something in a long time though.

7. I use to never get sick.. my bf, parents, brother would all be sick except for me. I would go 4 years or so without getting sick and when i do its a sore throat for a night then i would wake up fine. My friends all called me a "monkey" cause they say i spread germs. But i guess after always telling people i never get sick, in the past year i've been sick 3 times..soo karma is biting me in the ass.

8. WOW, How lucky are you. I wish i had such a strong immune system, but truth be told, i always get sick. I hate it but what can one do?
    My DH on the other hand, never ever gets sick. I guess its a good thing that way he can take care of me...lol

9. I used to catch a cold 2-3 times/year.

Then I started taking a multi-vitamin and haven't been sick since (1 year now)!!

10. I never get sick too. Sometimes I get the sniffles for a day or two, but nothing serious. I can't really sympathize towards people with flus, because I've never gotten it myself.

11. The last time I had a cold was January 2005. I was stressed and really run down because I had a litter of puppies who I had to tube-feed every 2 hours around the clock for 3 weeks. (mom got sick and then didn't produce enough milk). I only get the flu about once every seven years or so. Since the last was around 2000 - 2001, I hope I am not due this winter!

12. I am sick now! I have bronchitis and pnemonia..great!
    Other than that I rarely get sick.:p

13. Consider your self blessed!!!! I have been sick my WHOLE life, not just a cold sick, but major health problems. I am 23 and getting ready for my 3rd heart surgery in 1 year.

14. I'm like that, I haven't really even had the flu in three years. I guess I just never have time for being ill. :wlae:

15. I had the flu for the first time since early childhood 3 years ago. I have never had a flu shot - I don't think they do much because they can only predict so many strains that might be prevalent every year. Other than that, I might get the occasional cold, but I do have to take preventative measures to prevent from getting sick. I exercise a lot and take vitamins daily and when I feel a cold coming on, I pop extra vitamin C, colostrum and take my mom's Chinese herbal cough syrup. I do work in healthcare though, so I'm probably exposed to a lot of germs.