Do you live a "croc life"???

Ok.....on my April NYC list is a pair of either Manolo's or Lou's.....leopard print and preferrably wedges. Then, a sweep at Hermes of God only knows what....and let's just hope I get off the first floor and find out what's going on on the other four!!!!!

ooooo.....I just saw a GORGEOUS, drool-worthy black Lizard Plume Elan PM at the SF store and honest to God I was tempted.......TEMPTED. Just...you know.....didn't have the $8K dangling off the money tree at that very moment...........

I have tried this one (well not that exact one...one in SoCal)!!! Too damn small...I looked like a big blow-up doll carrying an itty-bitty Barbie bag... :wtf:

Although I have to admit...they are very, very nice...

Yep...I am thinking 35 cm Kelly and another pair of exotic Manolos...or 2-3 other summer shoes (non-exotic)... Cripes...I am going to need something I can really, really walk in for Europe...will have to examine the 2.5 inch possibilities...

Ok.....on my April NYC list is a pair of either Manolo's or Lou's.....leopard print and preferrably wedges. Then, a sweep at Hermes of God only knows what....and let's just hope I get off the first floor and find out what's going on on the other four!!!!!

My NYC list is growing...I am now going to be in the city for just over a week... :wtf: I sense trouble in River City...well NYC...

Yeah.....I know what you mean. It was TINY.....the next size up, the GM would have been perfect. That's a GREAT evening bag IMO.....has to have a handle or it has to be a small clutch. None of this in-between stuff. Handle, shoulder strap or a hand-held clutch for evenings.....

Although I usually wear a 35cm Black or Gold Togo Birkin for work, I have no problem using a Croc Kelly during the work week. I live in the NY Metro area where a Croc Kelly is fairly easy to wear. While it doesn't get lost in a crowd, it's certainly not out of place here.

What I find challenging when I wear the Croc Kelly on the weekend is achieving Shopmom's incredibly chic casual look. But I'm learning.

ooooo.....I just saw a GORGEOUS, drool-worthy black Lizard Plume Elan PM at the SF store and honest to God I was tempted.......TEMPTED. Just...you know.....didn't have the $8K dangling off the money tree at that very moment...........

S'mom- I thought of you when I saw the same bag and it is sooo gorgeous and a great evening shoulder bag!!! So very hard to put down!

Ever since I saw a casually dressed lady in NYC holding a matte croc birkin...I've been smitten!:love: And since genie was honoring wishes....well heck ya! gimme one of those!!! I'm sure I'd figure out the wardrobe issues after genie drops it off. Hard to tell if my outfits would match without having a croc birkin to try them out with.:graucho:

I have something like 3 copies of this book! I love it. The book is from 1964, and specifically, she mentions alligator several times, doesn't mention croc that I could find anywhere. She says "I see a woman carry an alligator handbag with a dressy ensemble merely because she has paid an enormous sum of money for it. Alligator is strictly for sports or travel, shoes as well as bags, and this respected reptile should be permitted to retire every evening at 5 pm."

In the section on Leathers, she says "Alligator. The most expensive of all, which does not necessarily mean the most elegant. Perfect for traveling and mornings in town, it should never be worn as a bag or shoes with a dressy ensemble. Very stiff in women's shoes, and terribly nouveau riche in men's shoes. The smartest shades are: black, brown, gold, beige, blond, and red."

The author was the director of Nina Ricci at the time of publication, and was quite the Hermes fan.

Thanks for the exact quote, gga, mom did indeed buy the book in '64! I doubt anyone made a distinction between alligator and crocodile in those days. She did love Hermes, buy as I recall she was not a huge fan of patterned scarves? That, too, was left out of the new edition, I believe. Must find book...

I carry my croc pretty often.
I use it everytime I hit the malls, which is probably at least once or twice week :shame:.

Oh, and I use it when I visit my beloved grandma, she doesn't judge me by the bags I carry and loves me all the same:love:. And I get to sit my croc on her bed so the kids doesn't reach it.

I carry my croc pretty often.
I use it everytime I hit the malls, which is probably at least once or twice week :shame:.

Oh, and I use it when I visit my beloved grandma, she doesn't judge me by the bags I carry and loves me all the same:love:. And I get to sit my croc on her bed so the kids doesn't reach it.

I need to go out more with you, tricia. :wlae:

i so live the croc life that it's not even funny. i believe my first purse after graduation was a shiny black faux croc purse (forgot the brand as this was MANY years ago). and i wore that purse literally every single day until it was literally starting to shed.:Push:

if i'm ever lucky enough to get the croc purses in my wishlist, i'll proudly factor them into my daily garb.

the attire in my city can go either way, dressed to the nines or jeans & tees. and it's been my experience that you can always dress croc up or down.

I need a 95...I am typically a size 10 and wear my belts low.. Well...I don't wear white... How would it look with w/ denim, a Kool t, a linen blazer, and 3" heels???? LOL...or a black SS blouse over a white tank???