Do you like these?

1. My friend is being a very nice brother and buying his sister a very expensive pair of shoes. He asked me for help because he knows I'm very into this kind of stuff. So I'm asking all about his sister and what not and start showing him shoes. I told him he should get something she can wear for fall/winter since it's coming up soon. Or something she can wear for a majority of the months in the year.

So he sends me this link to these Manolo Blaniks on NM. I personally don't like them. I think it's getting cooler and she won't even have time to really wear a pair of 700 dollar shoes. I tried to convince him to find something else, but he has his mind set on these shoes. He said that she's going to Vegas this month and wants to let her use them in Vegas. I just think they look way uncomfortable. What do you think?
  2. I don't find them particularly attractive, but I think they would be cute in Vegas in almost any season.
  3. But I live in Maryland. So other than the week she's gonna be in Vegas, when will she wear them? It's like 60 degrees outside right now.
  4. I think these are very summery and that she wouldn't get much use out of them in winter. They are not really my style plus the thong thing always hurts my feet.
  5. Yea, I have a pair of coach thong heels and that thong is hard to break in.
  6. I'm not a fan.
  7. Good point -- maybe you can steer him towards a pair of pumps?
  8. eh. . . I think they're *okay*
    I think those kinds of shoes are hard to fit w/o tring them on. My feet are thin {thickness-wise} and they always gape on me.
  9. I've tried steering this man to everything other than those shoes.

I'm not a Manolo fan anymore. I was really trying to get him to buy a pair of Louboutins, but he is stick with those darn shell shoes.
  10. those are not going to fun to walk around in in Vegas! LOL!

He must've found them on sale! LMBO!
  11. NO! I think I could respect his decision if he did, but he is buying those shoes on for 695!!!!
  12. I think they're a really bad idea! :sad:

Not only are they thongs, but they are leather (not suede - which is less uncomfortable!) and high! She'll keep falling off them!

Does she even like thong sandals, do you know? As a lot of people don't.

Either way, IMO, they are an evening sandal for a summer party; not for daywear, even in Vegas!

Is he being seduced by the name, do you think?

I've been looking for some alternatives but Neiman's and BG's websites seem to be down, for some reason! :shrugs:

If he must buy a thong sandal, can't he buy something like these (which are in a similar colour to Derek Lam's gorgeous one-shouldered dress for A/W) and have a peacock motif, which is far less overtly summery. Also, they are flat, so should be less uncomfortable:

Anya Hindmarch Erin Metallic Sandals

Or in gold:

Alternatively, these are very comfortable (I have a pair in sand, which I bought last year):

Antik Batik Jin Venus Sandal

Also, both of these are in the NAP sale and will cost him much less, than the Manolos.

13. I don't like them and they don't look comfy!
  14. sorry, I am not a fan either, and cannot believe that they are still at full price :biggrin:

I am not sure why he even asked for your advice, as he seems loathe to take it!, give it to him straight, those shoes are not nice, and while there are some gorgeous Manolo's out there, this pair aint one of them ;)
  15. Tell him to get her a NM gift certificate. Problem solved!:flowers: