Do you like the teardrop toe?

I can't pull it off. I am only 5'3" and a size 9 shoe. Factor in that due to much time en pointe while my feet were still growing (at least that's what I blame it on), I have four toes (pinky excepted) that are exactly the same length so I would need to get an even bigger size in a pointed toe for all my toes to fit. Because of my big feet, I really can't wear pointed toes without looking like an elf (just like because of my short legs I can't wear capris without looking like an Oompa Loompa). Not all styles are for everybody, I guess. A couple of years ago it felt like you couldn't buy a shoe in NYC that didn't have a pointed toe. I am SO greatful for the round-toed backlash that followed. I don't think I bought a new pair of shoes for all of 2003-2004. Thank goodness there is more variety now.

ETA: But I think they are REALLY cute on other people who don't have gunboats where their feet should be.

Luv'em! I know this is the season of round toe flats, pumps, and boots, but I still love pointy toes, too. Here are the ankle boots I just picked up to wear with skinny jeans this Fall. I would prefer them to be even pointier (like a pair of Charles Davids that I finally wore out). These are soooo comfortable.

4998-340438-p.jpg

shoeangel said:
Luv'em! I know this is the season of round toe flats, pumps, and boots, but I still love pointy toes, too. Here are the ankle boots I just picked up to wear with skinny jeans this Fall. I would prefer them to be even pointier (like a pair of Charles Davids that I finally wore out). These are soooo comfortable.

4998-340438-p.jpg

Those are cute Shoeangel - and yes they would look better with an even pointier toe! What was the name of the Charles Davids you wore out? He does make some ever so deliciously pointy toes, doesn't he?

Andrea

I love the look but it doesn't work on me. I've got wide feet and have to go up a half size usually so these would look way out of proportion. :crybaby:

A square or rounded toe pump is best on me :yes:

aspoint_girl said:
Those are cute Shoeangel - and yes they would look better with an even pointier toe! What was the name of the Charles Davids you wore out? He does make some ever so deliciously pointy toes, doesn't he?

Andrea

Now I'm having second thoughts about keeping my Nine West ankle boots. I went searching for the name of the Charles Davids I used to have when I discovered a similar CD boot available now with a slightly pointier toe than the NW's (but not as pointy as my previous pair). Your thoughts?
4974-276784-p.jpg