Do you like Hermes Garden party?

Jehaga,

which size is your GP? i am a bit confuse about the size, someone told me they have TPM, TTPM, STandard, MM and GM. but I heard something like GM = standard???

Gigi,

where are u from? POOR NZ, we only have a tiny little LV, gucci, prada, dior !!! no chloe, no hermes, no balenciaga ... .i basiclly shop all my bag from oversea or online..

gigi leung said:
I have some Japanese catalogue-type magazines with info. on Hermes bags, let me read up on the Garden Party bags & I'll post what I can find out for you.
Oooh! You read Japanese? I bought a ton of those books when I was in Tokyo just to ogle the pictures, but I had no idea what they said.

ChloeSS said:
Gigi,

where are u from? POOR NZ, we only have a tiny little LV, gucci, prada, dior !!! no chloe, no hermes, no balenciaga ... .i basiclly shop all my bag from oversea or online..
ChloeSS, I'm from Singapore. It's not too bad here. We have 3 Hermes stores...which is a lot if you consider how small Singapore is. There are LVs, Gucci, Prada, Dior etc. No Chloe boutiques but some high-end stores like On Peddar and The Link carry Chloe. We used to be able to buy Balenciagas only from Club21 (another high-end store), but Balenciaga recently open their boutique in Singapore! :nuts:

I was going to take pics of the Garden party bags from my jap mags for you but my digicam needs serious charging up...stay tuned! :amuse:

coco-nut said:
Oooh! You read Japanese? I bought a ton of those books when I was in Tokyo just to ogle the pictures, but I had no idea what they said.
Oh I can't read a word of Japanese too! but I just love to drool over all the pics of the Hermes bags! :lol: The mags usually have specific pages on the different bags with sizes/dimension details so I find them very useful as reference on Hermes bags & stuff! :amuse:

I saw a Tweed GP at ebay right now, never seen that material before ~~ but looks kind of interesting to me!

Gigi nice to meet you! I used to live at HK and it is so good for shopping!!! have lots of big store and very easy to waitlist or buy a bag! in NZ. sucks...

anyway i am kind of choosing between edith and Gp now... I originally planned to get the GP immediately but some how. i feel i am a bit towards the edith now.. so confusing myself and I only have $ to afford one bag at a time!

ChloeSS, this is what I have figured out...it's not comprehensive but hopefully will be of help to you! :amuse:

Apparently the Garden Party comes in many sizes!!! :wacko: :wacko:
  • TTPM - W23cm x H15cm x D10cm
  • TPM - W30cm x H21cm x D14cm
  • ?? (Standard?) - W36cm x H24cm x D17cm
  • MM - W45cm x H31cm x D20cm
  • Largest (GM?) - W50cm x H33cm x D24cm
  • *Vertical GP* - W36cm x H38cm x D9cm
From what I see in the mags, it seems that most GP bags are made of toile/leather or canvas/leather. There might be some special editions (made of tweed/leather) to commemorate certain events/occasions.

There is also a full-leather version called the Garden Twilly, where the interior of the bag is lined in silk with the Hermes bolduc ribbon print. This bag comes with a matching Hermes twilly! (I used to see it in the stores). The Garden Twilly comes in the TTPM and TPM sizes only.

Interestingly, there is also a vertical version of the Garden Party bag...Here are some pics from my jap mags. Hope these help! :smile:

Attachments

• GP1.JPG
    GP1.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 3,955
  • GP2.JPG
    GP2.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 6,657
  • GP3.JPG
    GP3.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 3,546
  • GP4.JPG
    GP4.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 4,077
ChloeSS, I can't remember the exact price of a std GP bag, but i think a canvas/leather or toile/leather version retails for about US$1,300+

GP bags are usually readily available, especially in the Hermes stores in the airport duty-free. If you're planning to go on a trip or holiday, you can always check out the stores. If not, you can consider the GP from the private party. Just be careful as there are fake GP too! Hope this helps! :amuse: