Do you like Chanel handbags?

Hey ... those are my pics and I love my Chanel Cambons! I have classic Chanels as well but I still use my cambon bags. What makes people not appreciate the cambon line is all the ugly fakes out there that make people think the bags look that! Maybe when you own one then you would appreciate the workmanship of those bags. You are entitled to your opinion but I am also entitled to mine.

I love your bags asl, i would definitely add them to my collection.:nuts:
I do admit 10yrs ago i was into LV and thought Chanel is more for older people( only becoz i rarely seem them on younger ladies). Now i can't get enough of them......absolutely love Chanels designs and the feel of my bags. Only thing is it quite expensive....so it does takes longer to own that beautiful bag. :drool:
I guess each to their own opinion.

I absolutely LOVE:heart: Chanel! And I have LV, Prada, Gucci, YSL, Dior, Miu Miu, etc. There is just something so special about Chanel....the way you feel when wearing one....something I just don't experience with the other designers even though I might love a particular bag. I would have to say that Chanel is my favorite!

Bagluv,

there are soooooooo many new styles for F/W

have you been to the chanel forum...

the new bags are causing quite a stir.....

actually i do think canvas is more durable than leather... but i love the leather of chanel [go figure]

leather is awesome and another reason why hermes is pulling me in....

Your right about taking a closer look at all the line of Chanel... Im mainly familar with family and friend's purchases only....:yes:

But bottom line is that Chanel, for me, is more of a iconic brand and just feel that either price should be lower for the quality or their pieces should reflect more durability and creativity....just, just, just my 2 cents...

There are alot of LV pieces that are not worth it to me too so I hope no one takes offense for either.....just a place to share thoughts....peace ladies.....:heart:

As many others have said "to each his own". I personally love Chanel bags. I always have. I think they have clean, classic lines that are timeless. I know that the Chanel bag I got last month will be just as stylish in 10, 15, 20 years. I can't say that for many other brands.

I haven't ever had an issue w/ Chanel's quality.
Also, may be people don't realize that they have several durablily grades of leather, the caviar leather is CRAZY durable, especially they're new coated caviar that they used in the Diamond Shine collection.

I'm a fan of other brands as well though.

Thanks jeshika and allbrandspls:flowers: ... you guys are so sweet!

It just threw me off seeing pics of my bags being made fun of ... I would have expected that if I had posted those pics in a car forum but not in tPF. I guess I felt like the poster was attacking me personally ... but I do understand that wasn't her intention, it just felt that way since it was my bags being ridiculed.

Thanks jeshika and allbrandspls:flowers: ... you guys are so sweet!

It just threw me off seeing pics of my bags being made fun of ... I would have expected that if I had posted those pics in a car forum but not in tPF. I guess I felt like the poster was attacking me personally ... but I do understand that wasn't her intention, it just felt that way since it was my bags being ridiculed.

I did not even bother to comment on those reactions to your TDF bags before as I thought it unneccessary, they are so obviously gorgeous!:heart:

A while ago, probably last year, or the year before, all the UK glossies were saying that designer bag owners in the UK could largely be divided into Chanel girls and Chloe girls!

I love and admire Chanel bags on others, but they are just that little bit too ladylike for me (I'd feel like I was carrying someone else's bag, if you KWIM?) and the oversized logo, on some of the recent bags, is also a bit of an issue for me.

As I say, genuinely love 'em on others, though! :heart:

Hehe, I was thinking the same thing. At first I wondered why the OP posted here, but the thread was actually moved from General Discussion.

That said, I used to hate Chanel. I remember being in the boutique at NM Boston a year ago with my sister and we were laughing at the bags and prices. She made a comment that a $2K bag should be able to pack itself, do the dishes, and come with its own Chanel vibrator. hehehe! Little did I realize the next year I'd have my own collection - which my sister can appreciate too!

I used to think the styles were boring and old, until I saw the Cambon line. It was the medium Reporter that started my collection, and I plan to keep on going! I haven't even looked at other designers and doubt I will ever go back.

Well, same here, actually before I don't dare to check out LV or Chanel, but I'm in my 30, making some money, want to treat myself a little. I started out wanting to buy LV bags, but I see LV all over town, don't know which one is fake which one is authentic, well to make the story short, I saw the cambon line, not too classic, but yet does show its elegance (IMO I think) and that started my collection. My husband bought for me the black cambon bowler and it felt good!!!! really good!!!! carrying it, then I bought a second chanel bag 2 wks after, so after a month, he... he... I got 2 bags, check them out!!! The small one I have to search the entire US boutique and NM but could not find until I find this one lady wanting to give it up. Hehehe, I don't mind having LV in my collection but for now, I want to build up my collection with the cambon first.

Attachments

• chanel purse 007a.jpg
    chanel purse 007a.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 66
  • chanel purse 012a.jpg
    chanel purse 012a.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 63
  • chanel purse 017a.jpg
    chanel purse 017a.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 59
Most people here love Chanel, but I don't see anything wrong with your assessment if that's how you truly feel.

The key is to ask yourself whether you would buy an item if it didn't have the logo on it. For the majority of chanel purses, the answer is yes for me.