Do you let others influence your bag choices?

1. I have been wanting to add a new bag to my collection..and am debating between another LV (damier speedy) or a Balenciaga (classique). I have been trying to see if this "balenciaga phase" would pass, but its been 4 months and I am still REALLY wanting one!

However, my mom (the reason I am a handbag lover!) insists that Louis Vuitton is more classic, and will last forever. The Balenciaga phase, she ensures me, will pass.

So I am at a crossroads...I know I should l go for the bag I truly want at the moment, but I can't help but be influenced by her advice. She has an ENORMOUS, classic bag collection dating from 20 years ago, so her advice is warranted. :shame:

Please keep in mind that I am not super rich, so a $1,000 bag for me would have to be something I'd love to wear for YEARS (if not forever!)

2. Wow, what a dilemma. I guess it would depend on how many LVs you have already - if 3 or more it seems to me you can afford to indulge and get something a liitle bit trendy and for more fun than an LV. Though the B bag could be a classic too!

3. If you already have an LV bag then get a Bbag. And besides, I'm sure your mom will give you her treasures someday.:lol:

4. in my personal point of view i think the Bbag is just a trend. I would definitley go with l.v

5. Buy the bag you love rather than basing your decision on the designer name. While SAs will hate this idea, I suggest buying both bags, taking them home and trying both with various items in your wardrobe. Keep the bag that makes you feel great!

6. That's exactly what I was thinking, go for the trendy/classic Balenciaga Bag ( I'm a proud owner of 3....:love: I guarantee you'll love them). You'll have a nice collection of classic bags, when you're much older, have fun while you're young!

7. I do sometimes, but on the whole I choose what I want :biggrin:

8. No. I think I'm one of the few people that doesn't really give a damn what anybody thinks. A lot of people (friends, too!) can't see beyond their own aesthetic, meaning, because they wouldn't wear something they therefore can't picture you with it. Know what I mean?

9. i thought the balenciaga first aka classic, is a classic because it's been a hit for more than 10 seasons? i read that somewhere, vogue? bazaar? can't remember. so i think it would be safe to buy one. i have one in pewter and i love it. granted i only have it for 6 months, but i still get the lovey dovey feel when i carry it around. =)

10. If you really love it, go for it. I don't let other influence my bag choices. I do take their comments into consideration but if I want it and I think I look good with it, I get it.

11. The only other person's whose opinion I'd take into account is my dad's, and he sure didn't like me buying the LV Babylone I got a month ago. I go with what I want and can afford. :smile:

12. Which bag are you picturing yourself carrying? It has to be one more than the other. You should pick what YOU like.

13. Nah... well, of course you all have wonderful opinions. But, most people I know wouldn't dream of spending such $$$ on handbags... they just don't get it. ;)

14. Well, there definitely are bags that I am on the fence for, and when I feel like I could go one way or another, I get other people's opinions. If I absolutely love/adore the bag, it doesn't matter if anyone else likes it as long as I do! :biggrin:

I certainly think that some of the opinions I have gotten here has steered me clear of bags that I most likely would have gotten buyers' remorse over!

As far as the B-bag phase... hmm... I suppose some day it might change... like when I'm 95 years old and in diapers.

15. I dont take anyone's opinion .. but my sister in law helps alot .. she is teh only one who gets my obssession .... but still we have different tastes