Do you hide things from your husband

naturale said:
My husband understand my needs, but he doesn't understand my wants. That's why I have to buy what I want and hide it from him. He thinks that LV is just a name. He doesn't understand the thrill of going out with a designer bag or designer anything.

Is anybody's husband the same.
no. because he spends the same amount of money (sometimes more) on other things!

Yes, I do, a bit....actually my kids will notice my shoes and purses and out me!! He does know that I'm constantly selling things through consignment shops, and that I do buy on e-bay - we're married 19 yrs. and whatever works, works!:amuse:

shoes319 said:
Yes, I do, a bit....actually my kids will notice my shoes and purses and out me!! He does know that I'm constantly selling things through consignment shops, and that I do buy on e-bay - we're married 19 yrs. and whatever works, works!:amuse:

Same here! That is so funny. My stepdaughter noticed a new pair of D&G sunglasses last weekend and almost said something. I think she knows that if she outs me.......it might effect her shopping as well as I am always coming home with stuff for her too. :smile:

Selena

No ,but sometimes I think he wishes I would!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Allison, what is the bag in your avatar. I realize it's LV, but I find myself just mesmerized by it...is it worth dreaming about, or will it only be a dream? ie Are they available? I'm an untrained LV admirererer...:P

I didn't want to tell my husband about the Hermes Kelly 32 cm (vintage), but still beautiful, but he was here when I arrived. He knows about Hermes and he asked.
Also, I had difficulty containing my excitement, like a little kid at Christmas.
He doesn't know how much my other bags cost. I don't discuss with him, because he says it's my money.
I can tell he thinks I'm a little obsessed w/handbags.

Becca4277 said:
Yes! I hide everything for a few weeks and gradually bring it out. My husband is an Accountant/Financial Analyst so he is very conservative about $$$

Mine too. He sees my love of fashion as a bit of a character flaw...one with which he is prepared to live,but which he doesn't agree with at all...

I spend my own money,and I know that he suspects how much it is,but he doesn't know entirely.

I schedule DHl for when he's not home and I try to pass off new things as old,but the latter unfortunately doesn't work!!

There was a hairy moment when he found the invoice of my Mulberry Roxanne while he cleaned the inside of my car for me...but it was a year later so the wound wasn't so fresh LOL.

It bothers me though...I feel like an addict and every time I buy something new I feel as if I'm betraying him a bit. But it's my money!!

I don't hide anything from him. In fact, he always encourages me to buy the item that I've been wanting because I'm a very indecisive type. (e.g. "I want it, but I don't want to spend that kind of $$ on that, but I really really want it.. but.. but.. arghh :Push: :wacko: :cry: ")

So, he always said "Go get it, otherwise, if it's gone or other people bought it.. you're going to regret!! Do you want me to go to the store to get it for you? I'll do it if you don't :evil: "

He said that because I'm a frugal type of person. I won't get it if he dissapprove, which luckily, never happens :shame:

ilovelouisvuitton said:
I don't hide anything from him. In fact, he always encourages me to buy the item that I've been wanting because I'm a very indecisive type. (e.g. "I want it, but I don't want to spend that kind of $$ on that, but I really really want it.. but.. but.. arghh :Push: :wacko: :cry: ")

So, he always said "Go get it, otherwise, if it's gone or other people bought it.. you're going to regret!! Do you want me to go to the store to get it for you? I'll do it if you don't :evil: "

He said that because I'm a frugal type of person. I won't get it if he dissapprove, which luckily, never happens :shame:

Lucky you, It'll be a dream come true for me if my husband offers to to to the mall for me. I wish I could discuss does kinds of things with him--he'll just gets mad if I do:sad:

naturale said:
Lucky you, It'll be a dream come true for me if my husband offers to to to the mall for me. I wish I could discuss does kinds of things with him--he'll just gets mad if I do:sad:

Tell him that getting a designer handbags is different with getting a new electronics, cars, etc. While prices of electronics & cars are going down overtime, LV's prices rise up all the time and never been on sale EVER. I hope he will slowly understand and allow you to splurge a lil' on designer handbags :lol: