Do You Have Your Shoe Soles Sealed?

I have always wondered if there is a way to keep the red color on the sole of Louboutin's? I have one pair of Louboutin pumps, and the sole color wore off so quickly. Or can you repaint them yourself-has anyone done that ?​

Ive seen this done before too...but for some reason im afraid to do it. I have bad luck so knowing me ill get a cobbler that will ruin my shoes. Then ill cry like a baby...lol I was thinking about doing it through a well known cobbler in Morristown, NJ that Neimans, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom..etc..goes through. The nicest salesperson gave me his card and told me that all the stores go to him because he is good. I also heard it from another lady. Ill probably send my Louboutins there then take pics to show everyone!

I generally have not had any issues... but...

Be careful with really delecate shoes. One cobbler ripped one of my $500 Taryn Rose shoes. There was a lacing that gathered up some really thin leather and it riped. They repaired them but it was sad to see since it was so new.

They have to put them on a shoe tree type of device to buff the new sole to the edge of the shoe and some cobblers are gentler than others.

Careful which cobbler you choose to do this. I thought just any old cobbler would be careful with my shoes and was really disappointed to find black rubber streaks burned into my white Dior cannage pumps.....I'm sure he tried hard not to do that, and it's not visible from far, but it still bothers me, because the shoe looks ruined from the side.

I've had some friends recommend me to quickcobbler.com though, if you're in Canada, perhaps try them as they have a mail-in service. But do try to go to a cobbler that is recommended or experience with designer sheos