Do you have to have a Nordstroms charge to get a presale card?

1. I'm just curious if you have to have an Nordstroms account in order to receive the invitation card to presale.

Anyone? Thanks!

2. No. I don't have a charge there and I got one. The day I went shopping no one ever asked to see it either, so, you could probably get away with saying you left it at home if asked for it.

3. No, I didn't have a cc, but got the invite, just shop there alot! The day I presaled no one even asked for the invite anyways, so I don't think it was too important. Have fun!:tup:

4. I don't have a Nordstrom card and I received one but my SA who's the mgr of TBD said that after this sale. ALL presales MUST be paid with a Nordies card. No other CC"s or Cash will be accepted.

5. Hmmm...I did presale yesterday at Nordies Mall of America and did not use an invitation. I also used my regular visa cc and that was OK. I wonder if different locations have different policies :confused1:.

6. You don't need to have a Nordstrom card or an Early Access Pass to shop the pres-sale items this year. I didn't have my pass while shopping and I was able to put a bazillion things on hold.

HOWEVER! Starting in 2008, not only will you need a Nordstrom card, but you will need to be at least a Level 2 customer, which means that you annually plunk down more than $2,000.00 at Nordstrom.

7. NO

8. Like others have been saying, THIS year, you did not need to be a Nordy's cardholder to get the "early access" pre-sale card in the mail.

However, starting in 2008, you HAVE to be a Nordy's cardholder in Level 2 (you have to spend more than $2k in a year, i.e. spend $2k in 2007). It's possible that some stores may be lax about the policy--we'll have to see.

The Fashion Rewards customer service person that I spoke with told me that they review accounts on a quarterly basis. So if you hit $2k in ANY quarter of this year, they'll keep you in Level 2 until 2009 regardless of how much you spend in 2008. I guess they don't want you to hit $2k at the end of 2007 and only have the benefit for a month or two.

9. I don't believe that you need a Nordstrom Card to presale. I know my mom does have one (which is how i presaled) and we are about a level 2 or 3 customer. However, we didnt even show our card and we were allowed to presale at all departments. We did it at Valley Fair and Stanford and nobody asked. However, I do know that next year it will be required to have a Nordstrom card and spend over $2K a year.

The only benefits of having/using a Nordies card to presale or purchase on the anniversary sale days is that you get double points which makes it ALOT easier to recieve a ton of Nordstrom notes in the mail.

10. Hrm, I don't like that one. I only have a 2K limit on my N. card, and that would restrict how much I could presale. And, really, their interest rate (at least for me) is horrendous.

I hope that's not the case next year - even this year I had to go back and bring cash in to pay down the card to finish presaling (because I wanted the points).

11. I have a Nordies card but I did all my presale stuff on DH's AX card....I'll forgive my Nordies points anyday not to get a bill in the mail!!!