Do you have like a personal relation ship with your bags??

lol !!:lol: You are great guys so I'm not the only one who loves ehr bags. Sometimes I let my son touch or hold one of them but just when he's freshly bathed because little boys catch the dirt like others breathing air:biggrin: I hope that I'll get a nice daughter-in-law so I can pass them on. I actually have my most favourite bag sitting next to me when I'm reading or at work so I can "cuddle" her from time to time. I can't imagine how painful it would be to sell one of them so it must be pretty hard to do so.
Thanks for the great support, you are kind of my bag-family:love:

Great purse-psychos think alike..........LOL..........

My hubby is always calling me nuts when I "talk " to a bag and say isnt she beautiful???!!!
Lock me up....in Neiman Marcus???....hey ...that would be too cool....

My bag will usually be sitting in the passenger's seat while I'm driving and every few minutes or if I'm stopping at a red light, I would glance over and make sure "she" is ok and still sitting there peacefully and enjoying her ride. It got to the point that one of my girl friends started to notice and asked me why I kept looking at my bag while I'm driving. :lol: Yup, my bag gets to ride in front with me!

when my boyfriend and i go to a nice restaurant i refuse to sit at a table that doesn't have a ledge or an extra seat for my bag.......it may seem strange to others but my baby is not touching the floor

jc2239 said:
when my boyfriend and i go to a nice restaurant i refuse to sit at a table that doesn't have a ledge or an extra seat for my bag.......it may seem strange to others but my baby is not touching the floor

LOL, my sister always comments at restaurants "Of course we MUST pull up a chair for the handbag!" I won't let mine touch the floor either, and I wipe off the seat it is about to sit on so it won't get dirty.

Taking them out of the dustbags to admire? Totally guilty! And they ride in the front seat with me too, so I can admire them at red lights. I am glad I'm not alone; sometimes I think I need to buy a new life instead of a new bag...

Tanja said:
I thought a pretty long time about posting this thread but now I thought what the hell tI'll just ask if there is somebody out there with the same "problem":shame: I know that may be sound a bit weird but I tend to give my bags names, mostly I call them the name of the model especially with LVs it's easy e.g. Alma, Speedy etc. When I'm totally in love with a bag I tend to "talk" to her:nuts: like how beautiful she is...I know I sound like a complete nutter but I have a kind of a lover relation ship with them and the funny thing is bags are always female to me but that's probably because the definite article for bag is female in German. So now I came into the open and you can call the psychiatric ward to pick me up but with my bags please:lol:
Holy cow! I thought I was the only one!

I got a Speedy 40 from the store and won a 30 on eBay and have this dilemma of how to name them. We settled on Louis for the 40 and Speedy for the 30. That is of course Speedy is leaving me for my friend but I will get another one so it's all good.

You ladies are hilarious!:lol: I admit that when I briefly had my Paddy, I let it rest on my lap while I watched TV :shame: I was sad to return it, but my new one will arrive anytime now.:amuse:

Irissy said:
My bag will usually be sitting in the passenger's seat while I'm driving and every few minutes or if I'm stopping at a red light, I would glance over and make sure "she" is ok and still sitting there peacefully and enjoying her ride. It got to the point that one of my girl friends started to notice and asked me why I kept looking at my bag while I'm driving. :lol: Yup, my bag gets to ride in front with me!
hey, nothing wrong with that, mine gets the seat of honor also - unless of course there is a passenger - then I have to decide!!!:lol:

You're not alone!

My hubby asks- How's Putty doing today? (referring to MJ Putty Stam), Is Nutty coming out today to get some air? (referring to MJ Black Stam), Where's Snowy (referring to Chanel white tote), How come you don't have Brownie by your nightstand anymore, you're sick of her already? (referring BV chocolate woven hobo).

You see, I have made an attempt to make all the names end with 'EE' sound to make things simple.

As you can see, I have named them all and when I first get my bags, it gets the dips on the space next to my nightstand for me to stare at before I fall asleep. :wacko:

bella1 said:
You're not alone!

My hubby asks- How's Putty doing today? (referring to MJ Putty Stam), Is Nutty coming out today to get some air? (referring to MJ Black Stam), Where's Snowy (referring to Chanel white tote), How come you don't have Brownie by your nightstand anymore, you're sick of her already? (referring BV chocolate woven hobo).

You see, I have made an attempt to make all the names end with 'EE' sound to make things simple.

As you can see, I have named them all and when I first get my bags, it gets the dips on the space next to my nightstand for me to stare at before I fall asleep. :wacko:

Are you serious about the dibs on the nightstand??? I was totally agreeing with you until that point. My handbags need to be tucked in at night in their little beds prior for me falling asleep. ;) If I left it on the nightstand, I'd be paranoid that one of my pooches would get to it and start gnawing on the handles or tassles or something.

I have a total love relationship with all of my bags. I tend to use the moment's favourite a lot and take it everywhere with me.

The newest bag I have is such a soft leather that sometimes, at the office, I pretend to look for something in it just so I can stroke it for a few minutes.