Do you have friends like these?

KNow how you feel, there's always ppl like that. I used to have 'friends' like that in Melbourne too. It's even worse when you go out with these same bunch of ppl and when they know the meal's Dutch, they eat and order the most but everyone else is paying 70% of what they had.

Eric Cartman:
Screw you guys... I'm going home~

You deserve to spend your time with people who appreciate you and treat you with respect. Life is too short to do otherwise! If you feel bad about saying no, just screen your calls.

P.S. your choir concert sounded lovely! I definitely would have come!

ugh...i had a friend like that! it's rare for me to have girl friends so i was soooooo happy when this girl befriended me. we were shopping and clubbing buddies. we'd meet up after class to shop or between classes for lunc or weekends to club. i'd always give her a ride since she didn't have a car. however, i noticed the limit of our friendship once i got into a huge fight with my ex and she said she was too busy to talk to me about it.

oh, and this guy grabbed my chest in front of her and she denied seeing it and brushed it off.

i guess my case was a little different...but u can see how she used me and didn't stand up for me. that sucks just as much !

kathyrose said:
I HATE asking people for help/favors and everyone who knows me knows that. So if I ask for help/favor, they know that I am really out of options and they help me out. My relationship with my friends is more like we can not talk for months but when we reconnect, it's like where we left off. I don't ask for help/favors a lot though.....only once in a blue moon.

I am totally like that too. Believe me Sandra, you are not alone in this matter. I am the type of person that loves & gets great joy out of doing things for people to make them happy & most of the time would sacrifice my own self to see others happy. I rarely ask for favors myself unless I'm really in a bind & when the favor is done, I am sooo grateful for it, I don't take my friends for granted. It wasnt until recently that I had to cut off a friend that,FINALLY!, was pretty much using me to just listen to his problem & his drama all the time. He never wanted to just go have lunch or hang out. I mean the only time he would call me was to complain or "b*tch" about something that was going on in his life. I was pretty much his "relationship/life" counselor. We had had a rocky friendship for a while but I never wanted to give up on our friendship. It wasn't until a few months ago that I realized he really didn't want to have anything to do w/ my company. I was just his lil counselor when there was no one else. It was a painful, frustrating & hurtful thing to do to say the least, esp after I confronted him about it. In true fashion he tried to deny it & turn the tables around on me by making me feel guilty about even thinking that he could be using me. Turns out my "friend" had a history of doing the same things to girls A LOT!!! Sorry this is so long... I do have a pt...in the end, you really have to say to urself, if these so-called friends of yours make u that miserable & upset, it's not worth it. Because believe me, I've had to get rid of A LOT of people in my life w/this same behavior (seems like I never learn, huh?) If they really wanted to hang out w/ u & be ur friends, they'll call u up to just hang out, w/ no strings attached i.e giving them a ride to the mall or where ever. Hope this helps.. I feel your pain bc I went throught it myself. It's not easy. But in the end you can't let these people break you nor change the kind and :love: good heart that you have, you just have to find people that are kind & good hearted like you; they are few & far between.

I don't have moocher friends, but all my friends are super flaky and break plans all the time. I guess they're more opportunistic than flaky because I'm sure they break plans when they have something better lined up.

OMG, story of my life in college!!! I had a car and my super moocher friends made me drive them everywhere!!! I went out with this guy for awhile and was stupid enough to leave him my car keys, then my class gets cancelled and I find my car gone, and he's gone off with his friends in MY car!!!!! :censor: :rant: As you can imagine, the relationship ended there and I got an angry call from my dad asking what my car was doing going top speed on the highway with someone else driving!!! Good thing I didn't get grounded. BTW, when I broke up with him, everyone stopped being my friend. But I found new and better friends :yes:

My advice is show no mercy and cut them off!!! If it's one-sided and you're spending way too much time making an effort and doing favours, hack off the parasites honey, you SO do not need them!!! :rant:

You are not alone! I had a friend like that. At first you think you are doing them a favor by helping them out and after a while your realize that they are just using you. Just get them out of your life, nobody needs "friends" like that.

My "friend" at one point broke up with her boyfriend, who she lived with. She called me all upset and I went to pick her up and brought her to my house and she didn't leave for like a month or something. She never offered any money or anything for the whole time she stayed with me. I even dropped her off at work everyday. It was close to where I worked but still out of my way. Even on my days off I stilll had to drive her to work. It was just easier to drive her than listen to her complain about taking the bus and guilt tripping me.

After a while I just stopped answering the phone when she called. My other friend and I explained to her that that we didn't appreciate the way she was behaving but she didn't make an attempt to change, so there wasn't much else I could do.

HATE asking people for help/favors and everyone who knows me knows that. So if I ask for help/favor, they know that I am really out of options and they help me out. My relationship with my friends is more like we can not talk for months but when we reconnect, it's like where we left off. I don't ask for help/favors a lot though.....only once in a blue moon.

I am the same way. I rarely ask for favors. If I do ask its out of dire neccessity.
A few years ago, I cut ties with all of the toxic people in my life. I have been much happier since.

Sandra Dear .. Ur not alone ..

i used to have a friend, who had used me sooo bad ..

she was sweet at the beginning, but as days passed, her mask started peeling off and i knew the real Her after 3.5-4 years ...i cut off the relation as soon as i had the chance to do so .. however she tried getting back but i never answered/replied her calls/sms's ...

in brief ..

1) she used to borrow my bags/scarves, and i discovered later that not only she used to carry/use them BUT the whole family used 2 show off my goodies .. her sis * used 2 dislike me, had the guts to call me suddenly and pretend to be the angel one and wana be a friend of mine.. why ? she had a new job and needed branded bags ( i had several new ones ofr univ. ) i refused her and she was soo :censor: and asked her sis to cut off her relation with me LOOOOOOOOOOL* ..

2) she used to borrow money all the time to fund her purchases/ driving lessons .. she did pay them but after 1.5-2 years ...

3) i was her DRIVER .. pick from college * we studied in 2 different places*, take her malls, entertain her, tour the city ....

4) the most :wtf: thing .. when i stopped picking her up from college, she asked her colleague to drop her off, not to her HOME.. but to mine, why? because she was soooooooo ashamed of her house/ her dad's car and refused 2 let her colleague see her real life and may go talk in college that XYZ lives in a cheap house and her dad drives a 1989 corona while she used to wear branded stuff ... God i was :wtf: ...

lots lots more ... thaaanks God,, it has been 3 years since i last heard from her ... i moved on, have new friends, graduated, enjoy peacful life withOut such kind of people ...

im sorrrrrrrry i made it loong .. :shame:

hun.. u try to cut it off, and if they asked why, plz do tell why...:heart:

Ugh, I hate users! I would rather be a push-over than a user, that's for sure. And I'd rather be a giver than a taker.

But seriously though, I hope after you realized that your friend was taking advantage of you that you cancelled the lunch. Or better yet, didn't bother showing up. That's the least she deserved. I would ex those type of people out, even give them an explanation why so they won't do it to somebody else.

thithi said:
But seriously though, I hope after you realized that your friend was taking advantage of you that you cancelled the lunch. Or better yet, didn't bother showing up. That's the least she deserved. I would ex those type of people out, even give them an explanation why so they won't do it to somebody else.

well, i did go out with her after all, but only because we're old friends, and she isn't even half as bad as the others. it's just my other 'friends' that i've decided to cut off.

Itsabagslife said:
KNow how you feel, there's always ppl like that. I used to have 'friends' like that in Melbourne too. It's even worse when you go out with these same bunch of ppl and when they know the meal's Dutch, they eat and order the most but everyone else is paying 70% of what they had.

Eric Cartman:
Screw you guys... I'm going home~

I totally hear you on that one! There is always a couple or a person that will only pay the price of his/her meal and not pay any tax or tip! Makes me so angry! The nerve! My bf and I have been burned enough, so we get seperate bills. :rant:

I'm so sorry about your bad experience! Oh, it hurts to realise that your "friend" is not as loyal as you would expect, but more of a "user". Sometimes it takes a wake-up call like that to start saying NO and get rid of such people...

(Not that I'm very good at saying no, myself, but I try after having experienced similar things)